NYers ... are you sleeping or ...

2001dec

Registered Users (C)
Out of 71 Oct approvals on Rupnet there is none from NY. Makes me real concerned. Is NY not a good place... Yankees help( they probably need my help for the next world series ).

Greaty-K, can you inform me if you see any NY approvals.

Thanks,

INS doesn't really like new yorkers...

they sent an RFE to one new yorker in Rupnet.com though!

That's me..

Maybe INS didn't like the fact that I'm Canadian, or that I'm a Ph.D., or that I had the audacity to have company A do my I-140 while I'm employed at company B (although they are all owned by the SAME small group of people).

My lawyer told me about a"zero"tolerance policy in effect at INS. They will let nothing slip by and they want to know everything! According to I-485 procedures and AC-21 I should not have gotten this RFE. There is really no implementation guidelines for AC-21 (after 2 years).

Everything is random at INS, so you should see your approvals coming in pretty soon.

Coincidently, from last three months' data on rupnet, NYers are amongst the last batches (except NY EB-1) to be approved each month. Apart from MD, NJ petitoners seem to be the approval-starters each month. Generally (or ideally?), state and categories don't matter though.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

only concern

my only concern is an RFE. NY takes RFE cases after 6 to 8 months is what I have noticed. Time is my concern. I am not bothered of RFE but it taking so long bothers

yeah it's getting ridiculous

With NYers it's a sad story, be it airport, driver's license and INS , the so called patriots here, are screwing us legal immigrants big time. I think we are the only vent to their frustrations.

Lets see what's in store for us guys.

Russian Ivan

Though there are not many test cases but all that I have heard on this forum tells me that. I think it is a tough time in NY( I don't blame NY but) . I think it could be because NYC got hit big time and someone or the other who perished would have people related in the INS. Feel sad but sadly it is true. Lucky the Sniper is caught else that baltimore region tooo would have been affected. I trust just on mercy and grace to get me through.