NYC Passport Stamping Pointers

VSC_Waiter9999

Registered Users (C)
my wife and i will be heading downtown this friday to get our passports stamped...

any pointers, tips, past experiences will be greatly appreciated...

thanks,

passport stamped at ny federal plaza.......................

Me and my wife went on Friday, June 7th to federal plaza, ny.
Reached at the doors (worth street entrance) at 7.15 am. There were around 20 people before us. Doors opened sharp at 7.30a.m. On the approval notice, it said that we have to go to 1st floor, room 101. When we went there, we were told to go to 3rd floor, room 300. So the whole group consisting of around 50 people started running to the 3rd floor. Some took the elevator and some the stairs. It was so chaotic, it reminded me of the way things operate in india/pakistan. Which I believe has even stopped. It was really funny. We took the elevator and managed to be at the 10th/11th spot in the line on the 3rd floor at the door. I was told by one of the other person, MaryT, who had come down the 3rd time for stamping that because of the new IBIS system, they have changed rooms. She had been to the 1st floor the 1st two times and was refused stamping, but they had taken her pictures, approval notice etc.
Anyway, the doors to Room 300 opened at 8.00am. We were asked to sit in the room in first come first serve basis order. Then one of their reps came to each one and took our approval notices in order. Then we were called in the same order. Our turn came at around 8.30. They took our EAD cards, passports, I-94, two pictures and took our fingerprinting. Guess what, according to them my wife\'s picture was slightly straight and not fully as per their requirements. So they asked us to go get another picture. I showed the lady the instruction sheet for ADIT pictures which I had got from my lawyer, and tried to convince her that it is perfect and requested her to take it, since it\'s going to be a lot of inconvenience for us. Thank God, she obliged. Then we were asked to be seated. We could see that our stuff was given to another rep, who was checking something on the computer, which I figured was the IBIS. At about, 9.30 am, we finally got the STAMPS!!!. No questions asked. Overall it was a pleasant experience, in a matter of a little more than 2 hours, we got our FREEDOM!!! GOOD LUCK TO U ALL