NYC FBI Phone Number

ratrat

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everybody,

First of all, let me just say that I've been reading these forums for a while and it's been such a positive experience - thanks to everyone who posts for helping keep hopes up during this long process...

Now my question:

I've seen a few posts from people who called FBI and had their security checks processed and returned the same day.

1) Is this the security check that is done before or after the interview?

2) Does anyone have the FBI phone number for NYC (VSC) applicants?

My dates are as follows:

NYC (VSC)
PD: 03/27/2003
FP: 07/11/2003
Interview: ?
Oath: ?

Thanks much!

Ratrat

Originally posted by ratrat

I've seen a few posts from people who called FBI and had their security checks processed and returned the same day.

1) Is this the security check that is done before or after the interview?

2) Does anyone have the FBI phone number for NYC (VSC) applicants?

"Same day FBI service " is for fingerprint match only. Name checks take much longer. This check is initiated before interview, sometimes takes time to complete.:confused:

Call the main FBI line and tell the operator you want the name checks department. I doubt if you can find out status of name check as easily as FP.

Thanks Rahul, but I have to confess I am still a bit confused...

So name checks happen before the interview, and fingerprint checks happen after the interview?

Also, the FBI main line, is that the (304) 625-5590 number that has been listed on other posts in this forum?

Thanks again!

Ratrat

Both are initiated before interview. FP's are usually completed
within 24 hrs. of u submitting prints.

Name checks can take anywhere bet 48 hrs to 5 months to even more! there was an interesting article posted
abt name checks by someone before..

i heard somewhere name check delay 5 months.?????

oh yeah yeah thats me waiting for 5 months for damn name check. perhaps 6 more months to wait.

i called my senators office tody and his REP told me straight FWD, Not to call before 11 weeks . 11 weeks.??????? she said yeah 11 weeks , USCIS is taking 11 weeks to respond to senators inquiry, and as a applicant what are my chances of getting reply from uscis.????

nope, they respond *MUCH* faster. Try the other senator or congressperson.

BTW, Are you looking to get ur spouse to US or something, that cant wait for long ?

I can suggest one thing to you. Why not goto the VSC in person and inquire at the service window as to the delay...

Rahul Kumar

yes i am looking to apply for spouse, but only if my application moves.

I live in new york and vermont is like i think 7 or 8 hours drive where i am . Even if i go there to ask the cause of delay, i mean would it help? My case is pending in local office , as far as i know after interview file is at local office . if i am missing something plz let me know. Thanx

Like I had mentioned previously, these checks are initated by the SVC center. I found out so much info abt my case thru the walk in window - found my name came back as "indices popular" etc. Now, I dont know what reason they gave u for delay, but if it is indeed a name match, then the VSC may be able to assist you.. I found VSC staff to be very friendly, and there was a guy with me who had some more problems abt his family sponsorship etc, that they handled right there for him. Not to raise ur hopes, but if u have reached a dead end with other avenues and if ur spouse is waiting, then what to u have to lose except for a monday and a few hrs of drive time ?

You may end up finding nothing also, but in the least, the drive to VT may be worth it...

Did u try calling the FBI for the name check results ?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes rahul i called them and they told me to fax them inqury form with all the info on it and give them a week or 10 days to reply.

National FBI Number

The national FBI number to call is 1-202-324-0680. Her name is Diane Berger. Leave a message with your A# and she will tell you if and when the inquiry on your name was completed.

Kuru

Thanks Kuru!

I think I'll take a chance and give a call even though it looks like I am pretty early in my citizenship timeline (8 months)...

I can't believe some people have had to wait two years or more in NYC!

Good luck to everyone!

RatRat

I Found Two Phone Numbers...

Hi All,

Just found a post elsewhere indicating that there are TWO phone numbers we should call:

For Fingerprint Check Status: (304) 625-2000
* I tried calling this number tonight but the receptionist told me that this particular department closes at 6:30 P.M. I will try again tomorrow and update you all.

For Name Check Status: (202) 324-3625
* I tried calling this number and got no answer. If I can't get through tomorrow, maybe I will ask the Fingerprint Check Department above about the Name checks also...

Ratrat