NY State Labour query on Salary

rahula

Registered Users (C)
hi,

New York State Labour finally processed my application of June 2001 in April 2004. They say that my salary should be $85,000 as per the thing. They have given me 45 days to ammend my salary. Now i have 3 problems.

1. I dont work with the employer who filed my green card although he will support me
2. The original lawyer who filled the green card has been fired my ex-employer as I left. Does anyone know a good lawyer in the NYC area.
3. Who gives this kind of salary in this economy? I have a Masters degree with 5 yrs of experience in US.

Please advise. This is my only chance to get a green card else I will be packing my bags.

Thanks,
Rahul

See Inline

Originally posted by rahula
hi,

New York State Labour finally processed my application of June 2001 in April 2004. They say that my salary should be $85,000 as per the thing. They have given me 45 days to ammend my salary. Now i have 3 problems.

1. I dont work with the employer who filed my green card although he will support me
Many have done it in past. But majority of immigration community will suggest you to start working with sponsering employer as soon as possible.
2. The original lawyer who filled the green card has been fired my ex-employer as I left. Does anyone know a good lawyer in the NYC area.
There are many lawyers in NYC area. Check with friends/co-worker.
3. Who gives this kind of salary in this economy? I have a Masters degree with 5 yrs of experience in US.
Salary depends upon job requirement. If company cannot afford they have to go for lower experience/education.

Please advise. This is my only chance to get a green card else I will be packing my bags.

Thanks,
Rahul

hi,

Thanks for your reply. As such Green card is for future employment so If I get a letter from ex-employer(who filed my green card) to give me a letter saying that my salary can be raised once green card is approved, will that work.

Rahul

hi,

So basically I haveno option but to give up and start all over again. I cannot go back to my previous employer because he didn't have the money to pay me before and he doesn't have the money to pay me now.

Is there any remote possibility?

rahul

Originally posted by rahula
hi,

So basically I haveno option but to give up and start all over again. I cannot go back to my previous employer because he didn't have the money to pay me before and he doesn't have the money to pay me now.

Is there any remote possibility?

rahul
Don't. Try your level best to get it through. Take chances both LC & I140 stages. Meanwhile, think about, discuss around for alternatives. Who brought you will bring good for you, who knows.

hi,

Let's see, if I take a chance and the lady luck decides to shine on me and I got past Labor Certification then what happens in I140 stage. Does USCIS needs evidence of me working at the company who filed my green card? Whenever I have spoken to people, they have said that once Labor is through, you need nothing from the company, you can go on by yourself and file I140 and I485. Is this true? Can someone take some valuable time and put it in words for me the process of I140 and I485.

Thanks,
Rahul

rahula,
no, 1140 is from the company point of view so you have to be careful and dont take any steps without knowing to the company who holds this Labor
becoz those guys has to sign papers for 140.
in 485 you can file on your own

hi,

Thanks for your reply. During I140, does the company also need to give letter of employment, paystubs, payroll copies of me being on it and things like that. I can get signature but the other things are questionable.

rahul

hi '
i'am looking for a labor which was either applied or approved before 30th april 2001 if ur company or any of ur friends can help me..ur help will be greatlt appreciated regards sree... my id is ithpeed@yahoo.com..or u can call ,me at 847-452-2970