NWD asking for a local PCC! Format Help Please!

thedutt

Registered Users (C)
I just got my P4 from NWD, and in the P4 they have a seperate sheet asking for local pcc. To quote:
"As of January 1,2002, all immigrant visa applicants over the age of 16 must present indian police certificates. Two certificates must be obtained as follows:"
1) A copy from your local police station
2) A copy from your regional passport office
"

From what I have heard from all other cp'er is that 1) this is not needed. But looking at the p4, I want to take the local PCC with me. Any ideas of what the format of local PCC must be? Anyone obtainted local pcc before? What is the process for getting one? Also, do I need to have it translated if it is in Punjabi?

Thanks All!

thedutt .... cool down man ...

if u have obtained a PCC from the Indian Consulate in the US (based on the fact that u reside in the US), u DO NOT need a local PCC ....

The P4 is common for those who reside in US and those who do in India ... thats why u see that notice ...

so just chill !!!

I believe all documents in regional languages have to be translated in English ....(even thought the P4 contains some punjabi :p ) ...

im9999,
Thanks for the reply - it will certainly help all of us aspiring to get pkt-4. I truly agree, this is a great forum with all great guys. I'm planning to have a get-together with all u once I'm done with this process.
cheers!
Ranen