nvars automating booking

adelkam

Registered Users (C)
I am a canadian citizen by naturalization. I was working in USA under TN status, which is valid until December 31 2008. My company has recently switched me into H1B visa effective October 1, 2008 "3 weeks ago". The company's lawyer says that The H1B visa would replace the TN and therefore it's (TN) no longer valid. In addition, at some point, if I travel abroad, I will not be able to re-enter the USA unless I get the H1B stamp at the US Consulate.

My first question: is this process "stamping" is done "every" time I leave the US and re-enter. Should I get the stamp each time even I travel frequently on business trip?

A second scenario:

I thought of doing the stamp anyway and get my self ready, regardless of my first question above, in case it's only one time process. I tried to book an appointment at a US consulate in Canada through nvars.com, and after filling the application, the process didn't continue to the available appointment. A screen message says "Canadians don't require visa to enter the USA" !! Any feedback? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: