Nunc pro tunc approved yet still waiting for GC like no end!

coldplay

Registered Users (C)
forum fellows:

Hello ! I am new here. This is my first post and I am sure I will probably have so many more posts coming. They may be me asking questions/helps, they may be me sharing my knowledge. I thank you guys for helping in advance. Anyway, I hope I have a good time here, sharing and having fun at the same time.

Well, back to the title.

little background.
I've just got approved from Nunc pro tunc interview in NYC in July,2006. They issue me a new I-94 card with "asylum granted" dated in Sept. 2001 which is the date I entered US. The original "AG" date I got through my father's case is a few months before Sept,2001.

Okay, so I did Nunc pro tunc thing(filed in March, 2006, approved in July,2006) and I did file I-485 (in Sept,2002).

Now, I dont know what to do , just sit and wait for greencard or I need to refile I-485 or there is something else I ought to do.

If all I have to do is sit and wait, then how long in general would it take in NYC.

thank you in advance

Mr. Coldplay: Welcome to the forum. There are a few of us here on the forum, who had to do the NPT process. As you will see my case was transfered to asylum office in Dec. 2006. I got interviewed by the asylum office on March 2006. I got new I-94 and approval in April 2006. I got greencard approval on May 25. Welcomel letter and plastic card where in the mailbox on May 31.

After approval of asylum and receipt of it, I mailed all the documents to the NSC. After 30 days of the mailling of that documents, the service changed my LUD and updated my case as recieving my greencard application.

For me the experience of NPT was easy, for others it is still pending. I don't why? My advice is that you send the NPT approval to the service that has jurisdiction of your case. You don't have to refile greencard application...Good luck...

faysal said:
Mr. Coldplay: Welcome to the forum. There are a few of us here on the forum, who had to do the NPT process. As you will see my case was transfered to asylum office in Dec. 2006. I got interviewed by the asylum office on March 2006. I got new I-94 and approval in April 2006. I got greencard approval on May 25. Welcomel letter and plastic card where in the mailbox on May 31.

After approval of asylum and receipt of it, I mailed all the documents to the NSC. After 30 days of the mailling of that documents, the service changed my LUD and updated my case as recieving my greencard application.

For me the experience of NPT was easy, for others it is still pending. I don't why? My advice is that you send the NPT approval to the service that has jurisdiction of your case. You don't have to refile greencard application...Good luck...

Hello, faysal

thank you for helping.

my lawyer and I assumed that the interview office sent my NPT approval paper to NEWARK ASYLUM OFFICE where they processing my case. Guess , we are wrong. I will get my hands on this thing first thing tomorrow. thank you again.

The question of whether the asylum office sends approval letter bact to the greencard processing center is a controvertial one. At my asylum interview I asked the interviewing officer what would happen to my greencard application if my NPT was approved. He told me that he had no knowledge of any greencard applicaion pending for me. He told me that his party of the job was to do the NPT. He hinted that he might send the approval letter to Nebraska Service Center if that what I wanted.

I didn't rely on him. I took the matter into my hands and sent the whole thing to NSC. It worked well for me.
Faysal

to fasal

what exactly documents you sent to nsc with your copy of npt approval letter and new i94..does it include last RFE letter and ..............please list those documents that will be very helpful~ :rolleyes:

Morning said:
coldplay
Welcome to our unfortunate club. :(
Okay, so I did Nunc pro tunc thing(filed in March, 2006, approved in July,2006) and I did file I-485 (in Sept,2002).

Now, I dont know what to do , just sit and wait for greencard or I need to refile I-485 or there is something else I ought to do.

First of all, do not file I-485 again. This whole NPR thing is a pain in the butt, that's true. Little more patience. I had NPT interview on 04/25/06 after I filed my RFE, which was recieved by the NSC on 10/13/05 - semmed like an endless wait. NPT approval came in the mail on 05/08/06 and I immediately forwarded a copy to the NSC. Meahwhile, May, June, July have passed and I started getting impatient - who would not be after more that a decade of beings stuck in a limbo and treated like a second-class person! So, I wrote a short sweet letter to the asylum office, which was handling the NPT deal asking to send my file back to the NSC and mentioned, among other things, that I plan to seek judicial review for my AOS application if there's no progress with adjudication of my I-485 within a month and I intend to name that office and the NSC as defendants - both specifically. Guess what? The file mysteriously resurfaces at the NSC less than a week later I get an online message stating that that the file was recieved for processing. I also sent a couple of messages here: NSCLawsuit.Asylum@dhs.gov and stated that that my case had been pending unreasonably long and the only choice I had left is taking the matter to the court. I-485 approval followed about a week later... I was persistent and it paid off.

Thank you for your infomation, Morning.

samual said:
to fasal

what exactly documents you sent to nsc with your copy of npt approval letter and new i94..does it include last RFE letter and ..............please list those documents that will be very helpful~ :rolleyes:

Yes; I did submit I-94 and approval letter along with the last RFE. that was it...

Morning said:
coldplay

First of all, do not file I-485 again. This whole NPT thing is a pain in the butt, that's true. Little more patience. I had NPT interview on 04/25/06 after I filed my RFE, which was recieved by the NSC on 10/13/05 - semmed like an endless wait. NPT approval came in the mail on 05/08/06 and I immediately forwarded a copy to the NSC. Meahwhile, May, June, July have passed and I started getting impatient - who would not be after more that a decade of beings stuck in a limbo and treated like a second-class person! So, I wrote a short sweet letter to the asylum office, which was handling the NPT deal asking to send my file back to the NSC and mentioned, among other things, that I plan to seek judicial review for my AOS application if there's no progress with adjudication of my I-485 within a month and I intend to name that office and the NSC as defendants - both specifically. Guess what? The file mysteriously resurfaces at the NSC less than a week later I get an online message stating that that the file was recieved for processing. I also sent a couple of messages here: NSCLawsuit.Asylum@dhs.gov and stated that that my case had been pending unreasonably long and the only choice I had left is taking the matter to the court. I-485 approval followed about a week later... I was persistent and it paid off.

Morning: still surviving...You are close to approval this time. When they USCIS updated my file as recieved for processing and when they approved, there was about 15 days. Hope the same thing happens here...I don't believe though there is correlation between your letter to asylum office and the update...Just positive coincidence...my opinion...

Morning said:
You're welcome, coldplay!
I'll be glad to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge and just support you! I know exactly how it feels to wait, wait and wait hoping to get free some day.

Thank you again , Morning.

Yes; I did submit I-94 and approval letter along with the last RFE. that was it...

faysal, what does RFE stand for ?

coldplay said:
Thank you again , Morning.

faysal, what does RFE stand for ?

It stands for, "Request For Evidence." In this case, I submitted the RFE in which they asked for the NPT.

Morning said:
coldplay

First of all, do not file I-485 again. This whole NPT thing is a pain in the butt, that's true. Little more patience. I had NPT interview on 04/25/06 after I filed my RFE, which was recieved by the NSC on 10/13/05 - seemed like eternity. NPT approval came in the mail on 05/08/06 and I immediately forwarded a copy to the NSC. Meanwhile, May, June, July have passed and I started getting impatient - who would not be after more that a decade of beings stuck in a limbo and treated like a second-class person! So, I wrote a short sweet letter to the asylum office, which was handling the NPT deal asking to send my file back to the NSC and mentioned, among other things, that I plan to seek judicial review for my AOS application if there's no progress with adjudication of my I-485 within a month and I intend to name that office and the NSC as defendants - both specifically. Guess what? The file mysteriously resurfaces at the NSC less than a week later I get an online message stating that that the file was recieved for processing. I also sent a couple of messages here: NSCLawsuit.Asylum@dhs.gov and stated that that my case had been pending unreasonably long and the only choice I had left is taking the matter to the court. I-485 approval followed about a week later... I was persistent and it paid off.

Hey,

congrat for your plastic Morning... and for coldplay, dont worry mate, you can rely on these people in this forum. I am so glad that I actually ever joined this forum... :)

Morning said:
WongGendeng
congrat for your plastic Morning...
The problem is that I still do not have the freakin' plastic. :mad:

Ooooppssss....sorry... :eek: .... stay positive ... stay positive... stay positive... :)

faysal said:
It stands for, "Request For Evidence." In this case, I submitted the RFE in which they asked for the NPT.

oops. I sent NPT paper and I-94 card along with my I-485 receipt without RFE. I hope they understand why I send them these documents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all...
Finally, 14 weeks after my nunc protunc interview, I've received an update from uscis. I doesn't seem that good though, seems like it has to go through another never-ending waiting timeless process.

Here is the email that I got.

Case Status
Receipt Number: LIN022*******

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that was transferred to our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location is now pending there. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Has anyone ever received this kind of letter before? Should I expect positive thing in the near future???

Thanks guys!

Mr. Wong: hasn't heard from you long time. Glad things are moving. When the service recieved my NPT approval they updated my online status, but the message was different than yours. It was like the normal business, Like we have recieved your application and it will take ...normal business; however, after four weeks I got approval; so I think you should hear from them soon...This message is just to tell you that they have started reprocessing your application...good luck...

Hey Faysal,

thanks for the quick reply!!! Yeah, have been busy lately. Just started a new job and preparing holiday party for my community.

Yeah, I was kinda glad, too, with the reply. However, what made me a little worried was the word 'pending'. Well, I really hope that it will go well from here. Do you know, by any chance, the letter that Morning received before having his GC? Is it his or her? :confused:

Thanks thanks thanks...

Yeah: I know the pending is little bit unsettling, but that is their language. Don't worry about it. By January, you will hear from them. Hope they will give the greencard as holliday gift. As regards morning, I don't think she got greencard yet. she is still pending....

help need ~

Today i just received interview notice which likes for nomal asylum seeker~nothing talk about nunc pro tunc(mine is nunc pro tunc )..here is notice:

NAME:##########
A-NUMBER: ######### RCPT#:ZNK06000#####
***ASLYLUM INTERVIEW NOTICE***

YOU AND YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS ON YOUR FORM I-589 ARE SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEW AS SHOWN BELOW.BRING A WRITTEN FORM OF IDENTIFICATION:NAME,DATE AND PLACE OF BIRTH,AND NATIONALITY:3 COPIES OF EVIDENCE OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO FAMILY MEMBERS ON YOUR I-589(MARRIAGE OR BIRTH CERTIFICATES,OR AFFIDAVITS);AND OTHER EVIDENCE NOT SUBMITTED BEFORE.IF YOU CANNOT SPEAK ENGLISH FLUENTLY,YOU MUST PROVIDE A COMPETENT INTERPRETER AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD WHO IS NOT YOUR ATTORNEY,REPRESENTATIVE,OR WITNESS.FAILURE WITHOUT GOOD CAUSE TO APPEAR FOR INTERVIEWOR TO PROVIDE A COMPETENT INTERPRETER MAY RESULT IN IMMEDIATE REFERRAL TO AN IMMIGRATION JUDGE
INTERVIEW DATE:01/08/07
TIME:12:00

TO WHOM WHO HAD NUNC PRO TUNC INTERVIEW BEFORE:IS YOUR NOTICE SAME AS MINE,AND WHAT DOCUMENTS DO U ELSE NEED TO PREPARE FOR THAT INTERVIEW. DO I HAVE TO HIRE ONE ATTORNEY?

samual
First of all, do not worry - you'll be fine! Just follow the instructions on the notice and be there on time. Having an attorney with you is always a good idea. At my interview, however, I was not even asked to present a valid ID! :rolleyes: My attorney told me that most commonly required document at most interviews is your original birth certificate. Take it easy, relax - it's just an annoying formality. Good luck with your interview! :)