Number of photos required for OCI

Superho

Registered Users (C)
The instructions are not too clear for the OCI application. Does one need to have 5 photos? They say submit an application in duplicate and three more? Can anyone confirm that please?

As per site, Yes, 5 photos/person

Check this link:

http://chicago.indianconsulate.com/Dual Citizenship.htm#Amount_of_Fee_&_Mode_of_payment:

A total of five photographs, 3.5 cms X 3.5 cms, are required for each application. One each to be pasted (not stappled) on application forms (original and duplicate) and remaining three to be attached as additional photographs. Please ensure to attach these additional photographs with the first copy of respective application(s) and not in a bunch with the application of first applicant when applying as a group of family. The specimen and specifications are given below:

For San Francisco cons 3 per application...since they need duplicates total 6 photos are required..One each pasted to application..so total 2 pasted on apps and 4 'loose' photos...total 6..

Do the people at Walgreen's comply with the photo requirements properly? The requirements seem a bit odd...

I 'd recommend CVS for two things:

1. Quality & standards are good.
2. For $8 you can get 6 passport photos. I believe one of my friends got 6 photos for $0.23c as he took digital picture at home, carried in flash card and prepared 6 photos by himself at CVS and paid just cents.

I had a hardtime getting photos in Bay Area yesterday. SFO cons specifically says photos should NOT have white background. also prints at home are not permitted. ( i wanted to do it but I was worried that after all the effort they would find out and reject the appl ). So I went to Costco,Walgreens,Riteaid,Longs drugs, Savon pharmacy and none of them said they could take non-white photos. Finally I found a chinese 1 hr photo guy in Sunnyvale who took it on light blue background..he charged $19 for 6 copies....I was so frustrated I was ready to shell out any $$ for this stupid background reqts.

Is the non-white background requirement really strict? Why would they not accept a white background? Any ideas?

I sent 5 photos taken at CVS Pharmacy. They actually returned 3 of them along with my OCI package. fyi....., thanks

swami2100 said:
I sent 5 photos taken at CVS Pharmacy. They actually returned 3 of them along with my OCI package. fyi....., thanks
Was yours in white background? I think CVS only takes pics in white background.