Number of filers on Rupnet

goal32

Registered Users (C)
I am surprised by the number of filers displayed on Rupnet. I mean there are only around 200 filers in July and much less in other months?
Also after the July hurdle we will have a smoother ride due to the much smaller number of filers?

dont count on it

as june had around 100+ applicants (from rupnet),and NSC took 2 months to process..so..let's hope they move it..

The higher number of filers diplayed on rupnet for July/2001 is not due to higher number of I-485s filed with NSC.
It is mostly due to the success of the site. People liked the idea and are only now posting their details.

Also, a lot people tend to post their details in the month before they expect their approvals. If you looked at rupnet 1 week ago the number of filers was 135. Now it is around 200.

The number of I-485s filed with the INS should be constant throught the year. I do not see any reason why there would be more filings in any specific month.

July filers

I-485 filers would've been much higher in July 01 than any other month of the year as PD cutoff dates for EB3-India and China became current for this month (cutoff the previous month was sometime in 1999 I believe for both categories). As Indians and Chinese constitute a large percentage of I-485 filers (which is why they were backed up in first place) there would've been a big jump in I-485 filings in July '01.

I think everone would agree that sites like this and Rupnet are providing a great service to all of us. However we must keep in mind that only a small subset of the 485 filers are probably aware of such sites or have the inclination to post. At best the statistics can only give us a very general idea of what is going on. To me the psychological lift of seeing other cases being approved is more valuable than the numbers.

There are three types of lies..Lies, damn lies and statistics....Mark Twain
:)

As I see it, the numbers posted on Rupnet are a sample. All statistics are based on sample. [Did they every ones brother about their opinion on how they feel about economy - then how do they get the Consumer sentiment? - Just sampling!]

May be this sampling is ad-hoc and may not have been methodical, but, we could, more or less, co-relate the number of approvals to be proportionate to the actual # of approvals.

But I do agree w/ Mark Twain!

Any other thoughts...

StillWaiting...