NSC Waiting times

srinuada

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends,
My ND is 04/20/02 with VSC and i am changing my job to MO[180 days passed and invoking AC21] which would become NSC.
Since NSC processing times are 4-5 months late compared to VSC
Is it a good idea not to change the job and stick with the current employer until I-485 is approved?[i have a stable job now too but my husband is moving to Missouri]

If the service center is changed what would happen to the notice date?where would my file go, bottom of the files at the new service center?Please help Gurus, your advice is greatly appreciated.

Your case would still be with VSC, even if u move to some place under different SC..!!

Hi vijayrc

Are u sure that the case won't be transferred to NSC if srinuada
moves to MO.

My attorney told me that there might be a transfer if i move from NJ to IN and give a change of address. Due to this reason I had to sublease my NJ apt to one of my friend

There could be a transfer, but most likely to the local BCIS where the applicant lives, not to another Service Center.

Srinuada - make sure you file AR-11 AND inform VSC of your new address.

Worst case is Transfer to Local BCIS office, and NOt to NSC..!
You wouldn't lose ur RD/ND dates with VSC, as it would continue with VSC...Do file AR-11 and callup BCIS and verify address changes in their system..!
Good Luck..