NSC - RFE regarding Birth Certificate

Alexnor

Registered Users (C)
My attorney just received an RFE from NSC. It is about the Birth Certificate issued by the local governing body. Now NSC wants school records and affidavits from parents and/or close relatives. But all my school records only indicate my father’s name and not my mother’s name.

I am frustrated to say the least!!
Any input on this issue will be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Alex

No Title

You can get an affidavit from your parents and send it to them. Its normal for them for these kind of RFE\'s and it takes them abt 3 weeks more to process it.

No Title

Did you submit the birth certificate? Because i think INS asks for affidavits etc only when you have not submitted your birth certificate.

Please let me know.

No Title

Yes I did submit the birth certificate. But the certificate was registered on 11/09/1998.

No Title

Did u submitted a original birth certificate ( i believe which says " according to our records " this person is born on atc atc)?. if yes then it is soo silly of the INS to ask for further proof\'s as the BC it self contain all the information like father and mothers name etc. this is really strange.

No Title

Normally birth certificates issued in India may not have the full name of the child (first and last name). NSC is know to issue RFE\'s if the birth certificate is not in english, or if the both the parents name is not mentioned, and also if the name on the birth certificate is not exactly as in the I-485 application (even for spelling mistakes). Also, NSC does not accept birth certificate issue from Indian Consulate.

You can send two affidavits, preferable from your parents or close relatives and also if possible send a birth certificate from your primary school. This should help.

No Title

My birth was registered in the year of 1999. I guess thats why they asking for more info!! As suggested I am planning to send affidavits and hospital records, luckily we found birth certificate issued on the day of my birth.

Hopefully this should help!

Alex

No Title

There is another problem sending a birth certificate.
Look at birth registration date on the bottom of the certificate. According to NSC it\'s should be at least registered 5 years back.

Thanks