NSC processing dates

aws

Registered Users (C)
If NSC and a snail were to compete in a race, guess who will win?

The I-140 & I-485 processing dates are like dead stuck for ever and ever.
Aren't they answerable to anyone? By not moving dates ahead, they avoid millions of inquiries that will reveal their true nature of business?

I am still awaiting reply from Rajiv about the petition.....any clues on what can be done in the interim?

Why can't we send letter to NSC/USCIS regarding the I-140 delay and AC21 confusion. Just a thought.

naanshi.

NSC Obituary

This is to report that NSC is officially dead .It does not move processing times,its ombudsman refuse to answer emails, its spokespersons refuse to clarify laws(AC21) and they are answerable to only themselves .See the report dated 8 th Augest.The last time the processing times of 140 have changed was in April!!!!!!!!!!!So much for the American dream!!!!! :mad:

Is there anything we can do about this crap ?
Can we get the help of local Senators, Congressmen, Rajiv Khanna and try to wake NSC from its sleep.

will some one write to Mr. Khanna?

In order to express our grievances on a larger scale, I suggest some one else (I already wrote) contact/write Mr. Khanna to look into this matter for us.

None of my correspondence with USCIS or with Mr. Khatri received any response and so, I think we need to escalate this issue via a proper channel.

How about contacting our local senate / Congress men?
Does any one have any past experience with them?

Pl. share your views.

I dont understand why people like Fujie Ohata even attempt to create new memos. As far as I can see this thing now, it is looking like an inside job. Basically, BCIS was pressured to do something about the 180 day promise. They created this new memo which gave them some breathing space and basically used it to s**** applicants. Now it appears that these nitwits have interpreted ready for adjudication as RD > Processing date.

If it were not for the memo, many of us would have known about our 140 applications by now. Going by the BCIS logic, consider this
1. App will not be processed until 485 is ready for adjudication (RFA).
2. 485 is RFA once name checks and FP are complete. Name checks and FP ar valid only for 90 days.
3. If BCIS is to pick up your app and adjudicate, it should do so within 90 days of name check which by implication creates another queue. Because in a single queue, there is no chance in hell of this happening.
4. I predict that this will create not only 2 queues but multiple with people who have got FPed 1,2,3 times etc. Earlier there were 2 queues but now it could be far worse.

I am not sure why the BCIS is so antagonistic about the whole thing. Why not just create rules that make it impossible for people to become PR. Why welcome people with open arms and stab them in the back!

According to my attorney, NSC is taking the position that any benefits that come from I-140 approval can only be realized by alien once the 485 is also adjudicated, and since this is taking much longer , the approval of I-140 is not an urgent issue. Not sure if this is just his opinion or based on some information.

Anyway, this is incorrect! Approval of I-140 by itself provides a big benefit -- in the event of a layoff, which can happen anytime especially these days, it provides an avenue to keep the GC process going if same or similar employment is found.

Question is, what can we do about this?

Assume the FO memo is indeed intended to be a backlog reduction measure, then two conclusions can be drawn:
1. The pushbacks and political turf fights within the BSIC are quite fierce. The BCIS headquarter apparently does not have much direct control over the service centers. Instead, it's up to the service center directors to interpret how to implement the memo. For anyone working at a private company, it's really amazing to observe the way the organization of BCIS operates.
2. FO and his/her staff is probably immature in the sense that they did not realize the legal, procedural and political consequences of their memo. Instead of issuing a guideline specifying how to speed up the process, they issued a few constraints (binding 140 and 485 adjudication, etc). If you have a child you would understand that it's counterproductive to tell a toddler waht not do to. Instead of saying "don't stand on the sofa" you should say "sit down honey". Fujie Ohata apparently forgot whom s/he's dealing with.

The essential problem of the whole thing is, these people DON't care. The children of early immigrants subconsciously don't want any new comers and the competition they bring, the H1B employers kinda enjoy the shackles on the feet of their H1B workers waiting for the never-ending GC process, and we the GC applicants cannot vote the incompetent service center directors out of their office. Any system without feedback is bound to de-stabilize ultimately. In this most mature democracy in the history of human kind, immigration is probably the last domain reigned by tyrans. In the largest free market, immigration provides a vast highly-trained highly-talented workforce tied up to big employers and separated away from the free labor market. The green card is designed to be a venue of immigration based on the intention of future employment. However, with the current eternity the process seems to consume, the green card instead has become a convenient way for employers to lock in low-cost labor and terrorize workers looking for other opportunities.

Both republicans and democrats tout an overhaul of the immmigration system, both republicans and democrats paint a rosy picture of globalization and free market but nobody stands up and try to do something about this de facto semi-slavery system.

For "taxation without representation" America rose against the British empire. Compared with us who are not only taxed without representation, but also deprived of the right to plan your career, your personal life, living under the constant fear that you might be kicked out of the country where you called home for the majority of your adulthood, those early immigrants were way too lucky. It's time for the congress to have a better look at how the "new blood" of this nation can be absorbed into the veins of America LEGALLY instead of proposing and passing bills legalizing illegal immigrants who smuggled in.

Last edited by a moderator:
BCIS motto

Any suggestions for the bcis motto? I have two:
1. "Dont work too hard now!"
2. "TGIAFDB" - Thank goodness it is another 5 day break.

Is this situation at NSC, like "the silence before the storm"?

If so, let the storm pour a lot of I-140 approvals :p

***I wish my predictions were true**** :mad:

Nothing is constant and NSC is not an exception. Check I-140 processing dates for VSC, it was slow and now within span of 2 months they jumped from October 03 to January 04.

I'm sure NSC will soon pour with approvals... keeping my cool.

Hey all, Its obvious the only meaningful stimulus could be a lawsuit. I would like to put forth the idea of a discrimination lawsuit.

Look, BCIS basically could care less about us. But if there is a reasonable ground to prove that the queue system in the BCIS does not make sense, that could form the basis for an anti-discrimination suit. For e.g. some of us are "selectively" getting approved over others without any logic or reason. Granted that the BCIS does not have to adhere to any logic. But the fact that, some of us are for no apparent reason able to enjoy the complete freedom of PR and obviously higher salaries without coming out through the queue system in the right way, is very intruiging to say the least. If some odd cases of quick approval could be singled out and studied, this could become a landmark case for overhauling the current bcis system.

All of us would like to get lucky but we dont. I am not saying we need to make this process faster (although I wouldnt object to that). All I am saying is that it has to be fair to everyone. Any thoughts?

Whats the basis of the "discrimination"? Is it race, sex, age, nationality, monetary, education? Discrimination lawsuit may not be a good idea.
One can file a case with consumer court since USCIS does not support its system thru taxes, but thru the applicants payments and hence is answerable for good service.

Registrationid, good point. Here is the thing. The idea is to not win a discrimination case against the BCIS. The idea is to expose the blatant injustice and chaos in the BCIS. Consumer case is not going to wake up anyone. But something of this order could really get some attention. Although the case may be forwarded to consumer courts, it will really catch people's attention.