NSC just ignores me, badly

HAJIN

Registered Users (C)
My priority date became current in this April, and my lawyer filed an inquiry for me on July 3rd, but we have not gotten any response back yet. The lawyer said it is normal, and they will file another inquiry again. Is this normal?

I called NSC today and after about 1 hour of waiting, I finally got chance to talk to a representive and all that she can tell me is that my case is still pending, she won't tell me what stage i am at, where i am stuck and she just kept comforting me that it is very normal to take 2-3 years to get I-485 approved...

how bad is this! could anybody please shed some light on this? what does this imply here? Does this mean they never touched my case yet? What does this ignorance mean? What should I do to possibelly speed up this process?

Thanks!

Status inquiry

HAJIN,

Because you filed I-485 through a lawyer, s/he will receive all the letters/notifications from USCIS. You can, however, ask your lawyer for a copy of the letters s/he has received.

Some time ago, I also called USCIS to ask about my I-485 case pending since August 2005. Recently, I received a letter from USCIS that only says "...pending officer review...". You can read more about my stories in the following 3 threads that I posted in the "I-485 Issues/General Issues" section of this forum. The titles of the 3 threads are "Pending review means APPROVAL?", "Is USCIS Outsourced?" and "What would happen after calling USCIS?".

Good luck!

----------
04/01/05, I-140 EB-2 NIW Filed (NSC; Korean citizen).
07/29/05, I-140 Approved.
08/19/05, I-485 Receipt Date.
02/01/06, Code-3 Fingerprinting (LUD:02/02/06 with no message change).
07/21/06, Called USCIS to ask about I-485 status (NSC processing applications received on November 1, 2005).
07/23/06, FOIPA sent.
07/31/06, Received a letter from USCIS that mentions “pending officer review”.

Thanks

Thanks Freemann for your information. From your threads, I saw you were going to write some letters to congress man/senator, could you please share the experiences with me? or give me some pointers about existing threads talking about this?

I am more interested with,

1. how do i know which senator / congress man i should contact with?
2. is there any template for a letter like that?

Thanks again!

Sample letter

HAJIN,

Couple of things about contacting senators: (a) I am not sure if you could contact senator/representative because you filed I-485 through a lawyer. (b) People in this forum say that some senators are friendly (for example, contacting FBI periodically and keeping you updated), but others are not so enthusiastic about your request. Therefore you might need to try more than one senator/representative. (c) The information that I am going to give you away is solely from the postings in this forum. This means that you are encouraged to post any updates or information that could help other people.

The following two websites are from a user "Toxsci" and I believe they are very helpful:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...ad.php?t=215932
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...ad.php?t=214587

And below is a copy of sample letter that I obtained from somewhere in this forum. Good luck!

Letter to senator
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here it is. Please modify as you wish.

xxxDate

The Honorable Senator xxx(FullName )
xxxAddress

Sub: Request to expedite Name check clearance from FBI

RE: Applicant’s Full Name:
Social Security Number: Type of Application Filed: I 485
Alien Registration Number: Receipt Number:
Date of Birth: Place of Birth:

Dear Senator xxx(LastName):

Thank you very much for your immediate response for my inquiry to find out the status of my application with USCIS.

From your inquiry and from USCIS personal I found out that my name check is pending from FBI since xxx (date/month/year). My Priority Date is current in the March Visa Bulletin, but my case will get approved only if my name check is cleared. I would like to get my name check cleared from FBI ASAP. Please help me to get the name check cleared from FBI.

In addition to that, I have been told by the USCIS personal that, occasionally name check request from UCSIS didn’t t make it to the FBI to respond. So I am requesting to find the status on my name check case from FBI and expedite the process.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me, if you need further information on this matter.

Sincerely

xxx Name
Xxx Address
Xxx Phone Number

Case Details:
Mention about when 485 was filed, PD details, I 140 details, if you have replied for RFE, include the details.

----------

07/21/06, Called USCIS to ask about I-485 status (NSC processing applications received on November 1, 2005 as of August 3, 2006).
07/23/06, FOIPA sent.

Sample letter

HAJIN,

Couple of things about contacting senators: (a) I am not sure if you could contact senator/representative because you filed I-485 through a lawyer. (b) People in this forum say that some senators are friendly (for example, contacting FBI periodically and keeping you updated), but others are not so enthusiastic about your request. Therefore you might need to try more than one senator/representative. (c) The information that I am going to give you away is solely from the postings in this forum. This means that you are encouraged to post any updates or information that could help other people.

The following two websites are from a user "Toxsci" and I believe they are very helpful:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...ad.php?t=215932
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...ad.php?t=214587

And below is a copy of sample letter that I obtained from somewhere in this forum. Good luck!

Letter to senator
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here it is. Please modify as you wish.

xxxDate

The Honorable Senator xxx(FullName )
xxxAddress

Sub: Request to expedite Name check clearance from FBI

RE: Applicant’s Full Name:
Social Security Number: Type of Application Filed: I 485
Alien Registration Number: Receipt Number:
Date of Birth: Place of Birth:

Dear Senator xxx(LastName):

Thank you very much for your immediate response for my inquiry to find out the status of my application with USCIS.

From your inquiry and from USCIS personal I found out that my name check is pending from FBI since xxx (date/month/year). My Priority Date is current in the March Visa Bulletin, but my case will get approved only if my name check is cleared. I would like to get my name check cleared from FBI ASAP. Please help me to get the name check cleared from FBI.

In addition to that, I have been told by the USCIS personal that, occasionally name check request from UCSIS didn’t t make it to the FBI to respond. So I am requesting to find the status on my name check case from FBI and expedite the process.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me, if you need further information on this matter.

Sincerely

xxx Name
Xxx Address
Xxx Phone Number

Case Details:
Mention when 485 was filed, PD details, I 140 details, if you have replied for RFE, include the details.

----------

07/21/06, Called USCIS to ask about I-485 status (NSC processing applications received on November 1, 2005 as of August 3, 2006).
07/23/06, FOIPA sent.

Thank you so much Freemann!

You are the best!

I will report back periodically about what i found during this process...