NSC- I-485 file transferred to local office in Detroit

ajk7

Registered Users (C)
Hi forum,

I got my I-140 approved in may 18th'05, and in another few weeks on June 13th, I got the letter stating that ' in order to speed up the process of I-485, your file has been transferred to local office in Detroit. For further questions regarding this case you have to contact the detroit office. As soon as they make a decision on this case they will mail it you' . I don't know why they transferred it. My details are as follows;

I-140/485 -ND JULY'04
I-140 -AD MAY'05 PD- FEB'01
1-485 File transferred to detroit in June 13th'05.
EB-3, schedule A occupation.

Now I want to know, in how many days they will take to decide about my case, because I haven't done my medicals yet and fingerprinting also.
Kindly share your experiences and suggestions. I really appreciate it.

THANKS
ajk7.

ajk7 said:
Hi forum,

I got my I-140 approved in may 18th'05, and in another few weeks on June 13th, I got the letter stating that ' in order to speed up the process of I-485, your file has been transferred to local office in Detroit. For further questions regarding this case you have to contact the detroit office. As soon as they make a decision on this case they will mail it you' . I don't know why they transferred it. My details are as follows;

I-140/485 -ND JULY'04
I-140 -AD MAY'05 PD- FEB'01
1-485 File transferred to detroit in June 13th'05.
EB-3, schedule A occupation.

Now I want to know, in how many days they will take to decide about my case, because I haven't done my medicals yet and fingerprinting also.
Kindly share your experiences and suggestions. I really appreciate it.

THANKS
ajk7.
How did you file I-485 without doing medicals?

Hi PWDG,

Its my second time filing for I-140/485, so my lawyer adviced not to do medicals at the time of filing. Because its valid for 1 yr only, so we decided to do when the INS ask us do our medicals.

ajk7 said:
Hi PWDG,

Its my second time filing for I-140/485, so my lawyer adviced not to do medicals at the time of filing. Because its valid for 1 yr only, so we decided to do when the INS ask us do our medicals.

You probably will not have to do your medicals as long as it was within one year from the date of filling of I-485. Go to USCIS website and check the dates for local office for detroit. then you will know approximately the time for FP notice. you can only guess. Also, you can take an infopass appointment from detroit office and go and meet a office ( I am not sure if they allow infopass at detroit or not because I am from columbus, OH)
Good luck.