NSC: EAD & AP approved in less than 25 days !!

max2k1

Registered Users (C)
Damn ... this is fast.

Renewal EAD and AP with NSC (ND: Apr 20th) -- PAPER Filed

Got my approval email for both last night (May 13th) ... just about 17 business days :D -- I wish they were as fast with my 485 too !!

I thought I'll be safe and apply for EAD before 100 days (to meet the 90 day cutoff) - I just wasted about 80 days of my EAD and AP -- who cares :)

Hopefully I won't need a 3rd EAD and AP !!

PS: *** Did NOT send color copies of anything -- only enlarged and very clear B&W copies.

Last edited by a moderator:
mine too!!

Hi,

I e-filed my EAD on 21st Apr by following the steps in efile I765 thread in this forum. I got approval on 14th May. Thanks for all the detailed instructions. Thanks for the great help!!!

Strange! i was asked to do the biometrics

I applied for my EAD extension on 22nd april and they asked me to do biometrics at the local office :(
I did that last week and didn't see any updates to the status so far online. Hope i get the EAD before my current EAD expires around end of next month.
To benefit people who got similar biometics notice, the process was very smooth. I could've got an infopass appointment, but i called the 1-800 # listed in the notice and was able to get an appointement for the very next day. I went to the local office, they took a finger print of my right index finger and a picture of me and everything was done in about 10-15 mins.

Hi Max2k1,
Did you paper file through Lawyer or on your own?
Is it very complicated to file individually?
I am planning to file my renewal EAD and AP in the next couple of days.
My lawyer is charging for the same.
If we file on our own and get queries later, will it be easy to address?
Would really appreciate your inputs.
Thank you.

regards.

rvp123 said:
Hi Max2k1,
Did you paper file through Lawyer or on your own?
Is it very complicated to file individually?
I am planning to file my renewal EAD and AP in the next couple of days.
My lawyer is charging for the same.
If we file on our own and get queries later, will it be easy to address?
Would really appreciate your inputs.
Thank you.

regards.
Paper filed - on my own.

EAD form is very simple - only 1 page-- if you have questions, post here and someone will help.

I did not get an RFE - so not sure about how easy it will be !
Typically, the most common RFEs are for missing copies of stuff or color copies or a different photo - so it sounds pretty straightforward.

If the lawyer is not charging too much, you may want to use him for peace of mind - finally its your call w.r.t how much he/she is charging and for what level of service.

I renewed my EAD ,did e-filing
RD for EAD April 11th appoved May 12th
AP for the first time RD April 11th approoved May 13th

485 transferred to local office, where to file EAD/AP renewal

Hello,

My I485 got transferred to local Detroit office on April 1st, still no word from local office. My EAD is expiring in August 1st week, so I thought if I don't get any communication from Detroit office, I will go ahead with my EAD/AP renewal.

I want to know to which address in NSC i should file my EAD/AP renewal?
or
Should I send my renewal to the local detroit office?

Please advise me.

Thanks
nkat

y.o.u, did you file at National Benifits centre with application number starting with MSCxxx.

bomano, does the status change when the biometrics is done, my status never changed after biometrics.

I efiled EAD on April 6th. Still not approved.

Status did NOT change after biometrics for me too.

SO hang in there!!!

My status didn't change either

My status did not change after the biometrics. Hope i get it soon...

My paper filed EAD and AP renewal with ND Apr 20th(NSC) approved today.
Just now got the approval email for EAD and for AP I got emails on May 17th. It is too fast.And I wasted 2 1/2 months on EAD and AP.

EAD Card received

max2k1 said:
Damn ... this is fast.

Renewal EAD and AP with NSC (ND: Apr 20th) -- PAPER Filed

Got my approval email for both last night (May 13th) ... just about 17 business days :D -- I wish they were as fast with my 485 too !!

I thought I'll be safe and apply for EAD before 100 days (to meet the 90 day cutoff) - I just wasted about 80 days of my EAD and AP -- who cares :)

Hopefully I won't need a 3rd EAD and AP !!

PS: *** Did NOT send color copies of anything -- only enlarged and very clear B&W copies.
UPDATE:
Got my EAD card this past Friday (May 20th) - exactly a week after the approval email.

Hi ead_port,

I e-filed at NSC (Nebraska Service Center). Even for me also, the status didn't change after the biometrics. But I observed the change in LUD the next day of biometrics.

ead_port said:
y.o.u, did you file at National Benifits centre with application number starting with MSCxxx.

bomano, does the status change when the biometrics is done, my status never changed after biometrics.