NSC: Check not cashed yet: Application arrived NSC on July 30th)

spider_duo

Hi, All,

My application was received by NSC on July 30th, but so far, my $400 check is not cashed yet. Per my reading the other posts of this site, it usually takes about one week for NSC to cash the check.

Could you share your expereince here? Does anyone out there, who sent out his/her app around the end of July, has the check cashed by NSC?

Thanks.

Spider_Duo

I sent my app on 7/27 to the Texas processing center and just checked this morning(8/19) still check has not been cashed. I can't recall the exact date they received the app but it was either the 30th or the 31st. Please keep me posted when they do cash your check.

Where was your app sent to?

Hope they don't return your app

One guy on this forum had his app returned becoz USCIS received it after 7/30 and they want you to submit with new fee. I am in the same boat. My app was delivered on 7/28 but they opened it on 7/30. The return receipt says Recevied on 7/30. Now I am keeping my finger crossed. Not sure what will happen. Since USCIS goes by Received Date, they might return N-400 and ask to resubmit with new fee structure.

I'm certain that they look at the postmark date not receive date. My mom sent her app(I-90) to the CA processing center with the old fee and she has received her fingerprinting schedule already. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are just behind with so many applications received due to the rate hike. What processing center did you send yours to? I think CA is so much faster than Texas.

This is from murthy.com. So, I guess, if you have mailed it before July 30, 2007, you should be fine.

"If the I-485 filing is postmarked prior to July 30, 2007, the old fee can be submitted. If the I-485 is postmarked on July 30 or later, the new fee applies. With the USCIS announcement that was made late July 17, 2007, however, the USCIS has agreed to accept the earlier filing fees for all employment-based I-485 cases that were eligible for filing during July 2007, and that are now being accepted through August 17, 2007. "

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_staiss.html

My wife's application was delivered on July 30 to NSC. Check has not been cleared. Has anybody's check been cashed?

Thanks.

X

Lots of threads here saying checks not cashed. So I guess you can just wait and watch for progress at least to know what others are going through.
If they start rejecting applications by ignoring the postmark I think there are enough people on the forum to start a class action lawsuit ;-).

My application was filed on July 30th. The check has not been cashed yet. My case was submitted with the old fee. The way I understand it, the new fee structure is only in effect from August 18,2007.

My application was filed on July 30th. The check has not been cashed yet. My case was submitted with the old fee. The way I understand it, the new fee structure is only in effect from August 18,2007.

New fee structure effective from July 30th mailing date.
Aug 18 date is incorrect - that is only for I-485.

For N-400, it is July 30, 2007

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my earlier post.My application was for I-485 and I-765

Thank you very much for the information.

my check was cashed august 8th and i mailed it on the 27th. do not know when it reached there.