NSC - AP approval these days..

GC_008

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Based on your experience, how long does it take for an AP to be approved these days..?

AP receipt date is Sep/15/2006 and ND is Sep/19/2006.

Thanks

Please share your experience on how many days in advance one needs to make an appointment with the French Consulate to get a transit visa using the online appointment system?? I have bought the ticket for December travel..

Thanks,

I don't know WTF you are talking about techie??
* AP means Advance Parole and France needs a Transit visa for travelers traveling through Paris using AP.
* Transit Visa means a temporary visa that you obtain from the country that you pass through.

Others, please let me know your experience..

Thanks

I am in a similar boat (not transiting through paris or something)

..and trying to find how much it is taking at NSC.

After some searching and reading posts I am speculating that

(my sepculations)
1. eFile is faster than paper.
2. NSC is definitely faster than rest.
3. More than roughly 65% people got in 30-40 days (eFile).

I have filed AP on Sept 30 and EAD on Oct 17 and I was very late in filing both the application because I am travelling on Nov 23 and my EAD is expiring on Dec 01.

AbGCDeDo said:
..and trying to find how much it is taking at NSC.

After some searching and reading posts I am speculating that

(my sepculations)
1. eFile is faster than paper.
2. NSC is definitely faster than rest.
3. More than roughly 65% people got in 30-40 days (eFile).

I have filed AP on Sept 30 and EAD on Oct 17 and I was very late in filing both the application because I am travelling on Nov 23 and my EAD is expiring on Dec 01.

Well, i did not use eFile, and my dates are in the signature. I have not hearded anything from NSC yet, so for me, NSC does not seem to be any faster.

2 Months

I filed my advanced parole application in June '06 and received the approval in August '06 - around 7 weeks. The downside though was that the approved document includes a spelling mistake which I am still trying to get fixed 2 months later!!!! :mad:

Sertra,

Did your spouse e-file or paper file the application?? Appreciate your response..

Thanks

GC08 - take the eFile vs Paper file processing rates comparison with a grain of salt

There might bes some difference between the 1st AP and 2nd AP. Mine was the 4th AP and I had travelled once on my last AP. So while eFiling I choose PAR:parolee status. All these thing (we don't know) may have some impact on processing speed. I am still waiting...Good luck to all of you.