NSC 140 Got Denied (Diploma Computer Eng not accepted)

GorH

Registered Users (C)
hi Guys ,

I have 10+3 yrs education. diploma in Computer Technology (Mumbai University) . My Labor says BAchlors in Computer Science and 2 yrs of experience. I applied PP at NSC (EB3) andI got RFE for education. My lawyer send eval from some NY firm showing my 15+ yrs job experience plus my above diploma as BS equivqlent and I got Denied. They are saying that your exp is enough but you have 3 yrs of college while we need 4 yrs of college. so you are short 1 year of study so bye bye ...Astalavista... My H1 is in 7th year and expiring in May 2007. What should I do ?

1. Appeal with one more evaluction where they can go to my subjects and 120 points kind of eval.

2. Re Apply new 140 with this new EVAL if I can get ?

3. Extend H1 for now with my labor copy.

4. Reapply NEW PERM labor with corrected educational and professional requirement , obiviously from new lawyer as this surely is my current lawyer's screw up. I really gave him my all educational and professional proof before even we started Labor in 2003 But never paid attension to what that lawyer mentioned on labor. Labor got approved last year. My PD is DEc 2003.
It looks like everything is lost Guys..I am done ..I feel like wasted my whole 7 yrs here and Now I am at square one again.

Please advice guys...

Hgor

Last edited by a moderator:
hi Guys ,

I have 10+3 yrs education. diploma in Computer Technology (Mumbai University) . My Labor says BAchlors in Computer Science and 2 yrs of experience. I applied PP at NSC (EB3) andI got RFE for education. My lawyer send eval from some NY firm showing my 15+ yrs job experience plus my above diploma as BS equivqlent and I got Denied. They are saying that your exp is enough but you have 3 yrs of college while we need 4 yrs of college. so you are short 1 year of study so bye bye ...Astalavista... My H1 is in 7th year and expiring in May 2007. What should I do ?

1. Appeal with one more evaluction where they can go to my subjects and 120 points kind of eval.

4. Reapply NEW PERM labor with corrected educational and professional requirement , obiviously from new lawyer as this surely is my current lawyer's screw up. I really gave him my all educational and professional proof before even we started Labor in 2003 But never paid attension to what that lawyer mentioned on labor. Labor got approved last year. My PD is DEc 2003.
It looks like everything is lost Guys..I am done ..I feel like wasted my whole 7 yrs here and Now I am at square one again.

Please advice guys...

Hgor

I have seen the cases where two year associate degrees accepted in the Texas Serivce center.

But With three year diploma It is better to reapply. it is 13 years of education so try to apply in EB3 other.

Hgor,

Wow. That makes me angry just reading it. That just SCREAMS wrong-doing on the attorney's side. Whoever filed your case should be in big trouble. He/she should know that you cannot file based on combining degrees. Experience cannot replace education unless in EB3 category (i.e. 3 yr Bach and 3 yrs experience; 2 yr Bach and 6 yr experience, etc.), or in EB2 category (4-yr bachelor (no combinations) with 5 years of experience.)

What about going to a new company and doing an I-140 substitution using a pre-approved labor under premium processing? You would need an EB3 with the alternate combination of 3 yrs college education w/3 yrs experience. Substitutions are said to be being eliminated very soon though, so if you decide to heed this advice, you;d better do so quickly.

Good luck to you. I'm very disappointed to hear of your troubles. :-(

hi Guys ,

Please advice guys...

Hgor

Hgor,

Wow. That makes me angry just reading it. That just SCREAMS wrong-doing on the attorney's side. Whoever filed your case should be in big trouble. He/she should know that you cannot file based on combining degrees. Experience cannot replace education unless in EB3 category (i.e. 3 yr Bach and 3 yrs experience; 2 yr Bach and 6 yr experience, etc.), or in EB2 category (4-yr bachelor (no combinations) with 5 years of experience.)

What about going to a new company and doing an I-140 substitution using a pre-approved labor under premium processing? You would need an EB3 with the alternate combination of 3 yrs college education w/3 yrs experience. Substitutions are said to be being eliminated very soon though, so if you decide to heed this advice, you;d better do so quickly.

i have similar qualification i.e 10+3(its 13 yrs) and my lawyer mentoned bacheor+2 or no degree+5 yr exp.

my i140 is pending . I will share my progress as I get any update from NSC.

I am in the same boat. It's with NSC Filed Nov.2006, My LC says

B.S. in Engineering/Physics/Chemistry/Maths/Science

OR

Foreign Degree Equivalent
OR
Work Experience Equivalent

I have B.SC (3 yrs) + (MCA) 3 years. Equivalency is shown as Masters

Thanks

Hgor,