November I-130 Filers, NOT AOS, JUST I130

frustrated_alot

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
I am a citizen that filed for my husband that does not reside in the US. Anyone else out there in the same boat? I am thinking about doing th I129F now that i have the reciept notice. :)

Hey frustrated,

I seem to be in the same exact boat as you. I also filed my i-130 early November and have pretty much the same outline as you. Being that its already been about 4 months, I wouldn't apply for the i-129F. You really don't have much to gain. Possibly a month or two but that really isn't much if you take into consideration your whole lifetime with him. Plus, once he gets here all his paper work will be ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey frustrated,

I seem to be in the same exact boat as you. I also filed my i-130 early December and have pretty much the same outline as you. Being that its already been about 4 months, I wouldn't apply for the i-129F. You really don't have much to gain. Possibly a month or two but that really isn't much if you take into consideration your whole lifetime with him. Plus, once he gets here all his paper work will be ready.

Thank you. I am glad i am not the only one. Seems like everywhere i looked people were doing AOS. Was driving me crazy. I felt like the only one.

^^Awesome. If you need any support I'll be here to help. BTW, I mistakenly wrote that I filed the I-130 early December and I meant to write early November.

I spoke to a USCIS representative yesterday and she told me that I should expect my wife to be here by October. Do you know if we need to go through any finger printing process?

^^Awesome. If you need any support I'll be here to help. BTW, I mistakenly wrote that I filed the I-130 early December and I meant to write early November.

I spoke to a USCIS representative yesterday and she told me that I should expect my wife to be here by October. Do you know if we need to go through any finger printing process?

I don't think that we need to go through that. I think your wife will have to do a medical before she goes into the embassy but they will send the instructions for that.

^^I've had my receipt number since Jan 18th but my case status is still not available online. Have you had any luck with that?

^^I've had my receipt number since Jan 18th but my case status is still not available online. Have you had any luck with that?

No i have not. In order for me to check status, i called the 800 number and they had to transfer me to an immigration offficer. There is a delay with status showing up online as well.

When i called USCIS yesterday, they also told me that i should expect an approval within the next four months. I am happy but hesitant to believe.lol. :)