Nov - Dec 2003 cases approved?

jdr

Registered Users (C)
In the recent approvals section of immigrationwatch website, I see that TSC has approved even some november and december cases of 2003 and a couple of 2004 cases. Can we assume they are all CP cases or is it just random TSC processing?

My case in sept 2003, sometime back I did a scan on some dates in sept 2003 , I saw many approvals, RFE and Recieved cases, but as you are saying the approved cases can be CP.
-jd

My I-140 (RD Nov 2003, Eb1-OR, concurrent filing) was approved in March 2004, though the online status still only shows "case received." Hope the approval notice sent is not a mistake of BCIS.

Good Luck to everyone in pursuit of GC.

Thats interesting!

Well, mine is I140 EB3 CP ND 9/10/2003 and not approved yet. May be its time for the approval?

Switch to Consular Processing?

I have filed for I-140 in November 2003 also, but it was concurrent filing. I have recieved my EAD and AP document as a result of this process.

My job situation is not very good and I am danger of losing it anytime, Is it possible to switch to consular processing at this point to catch the wave?

What are the implications of such a change and is it even possible?

Thank you for your replies

Does it really makes a difference.

If your case is CP or 485 type, does it really makes a difference in I 140
approval time.

Aren't they suppose to get approved at same time.

Is 140 faster for CP than 485.

Thanks

:confused:

For those thinking about switching ....

My 2 cents for those who are thinking about switching from 485 to CP there is a lot of risk especially if ur. job is not safe :

1) The petition that you make to swicth from 485 to CP takes about 8 months to a year. Yes you may do Attorney certified CP once 140 is approved but still it will take 4-6 months easy.

2) The 140 with CP has no portability so if u lose job, you have to start GC from scratch.

3) Cannot use EAD and AP.

4) If there is a problem in CP interview, there is no recourse like appeal or MTR etc.

5) What if you swtich and soon we get a memo allowing portability of 140 after 6 months filing as we have in 485 too. I know there is a strong rumor floating on this one.

In my view people who switch are extremely confident of their job situation for coming year or 2.

So think about it all, discuss it with your lawyer and friends and make a informed decision.

will_get_there

diff. in I140 processing

GreenMD2003,
Normally there should not be a difference in processing I140 for both concurrent and CP. But, now because of this Ohata's memo of processing boht 140 adn 485 together, they might be clearing the CP earlier since it is a once step process only. This is just my thought on it.
Our RD is 02/05/2004. So, i am just trying to see how long it is going to take to get to our case :( :(