Nov 03 I-140/I-485 approved!!

MIwaiting

Registered Users (C)
Our I-140/I-485 cases have been approved! :D :D :D Just received this magic email. What a relief!

This forum has been a great help during this long journey. We learned a lot from it. Keep the good work & Hope every one of you good luck!

Congratulations! Thats a long time to wait for a greencard!

Did you have any changes in your LUD prior to approval?

Congratulations MIwaiting on your I-140/I-485 approval. Let the approvals keep coming from NSC for 140/485's.

MIwaiting, have u applied for EAD/AP recently?

Thanks

No. We did not apply for AP/EAD. But we received RFE at the end of Jan. USCIS received our response on 2/8/05. Then LUD changed on 2/8, 2/9, 2/11 and today saying have been approved.

How long does it really take to get this approved ?

Congrats !
So let's see if I understand:
It seems this I-140/I-485 processing time is uncertain. A previous poster stated his I-140 filed in October 2003 just got approved. In your case, you were lucky to get both I-140+I-485 approved at the same time. I hope that is the trend that we should see from now on, approvals for both I-140+I-485 at the same time ?

MIwaiting said:
Our I-140/I-485 cases have been approved! :D :D :D Just received this magic email. What a relief!

This forum has been a great help during this long journey. We learned a lot from it. Keep the good work & Hope every one of you good luck!

MIwaiting,

Thank you for the reply. I got RFE for my wife's I-485 and mine. Attorney doesn't receive letter from INS yet. How long does it take to receive your RFE? From the LUD, it said it sent letter on Feb 18th. LUD was changed on Feb. 21th.

What I understood for the

1-140 & I-485 processing is: USCIS is processing I-140 now without considering retrogression. For EB3 cases, your I-140 will be approved if you filed during Oct, Nov or Dec 03 (I guess that's what USCIS concentrated now). But for the I-485, it will consider retrogression. You will be approved simutaneouly if you are not affected. In my case, my PD is 2000. That's why I got lucky.

As to the question from tsang, we received RFE 4 days after USCIS's mailing date. Please contact USCIS if 14 days passed and you still haven't received your RFE. It may be something minor, don't worry and good luck!

Same day as me buddy! (11/26/03)

Here's to keeping our hopes alive!

(edit - make that 03 not 04)

Congrats MIWaiting,

That was surely a looooooooong waiting, no wonder you are full of smiles.

Enjoy the freedom.

DIGS