Noticed Lately

fstrdeb749

Registered Users (C)
First let me start by saying thanks to all on this site that have helped me thru our filing process.But one note i would like to make after reading some of the new posts and responses.I think some fail to remember the beginning days of our processes in the immigration system.It does bother me at times when i read the answers given ,even to the what we call stupid questions now.There was a time in our begginnings of this we didnt see any question as stupid ,i know myself i read so much some nites that i got baffled even on the answers to the stupid questions.And am thanking my lucky stars i sorted thru them and didnt post my "stupid questions" even tho i had read and done what i thought at the time was research.Because the hostile responses some days have me wondering.
There are some of you in here that fail to see the new ones see you as a teacher to those that havent got thru the process yet and i do understand that you feel your time is wasted with questions that could be answered by more research.But please keep in mind to those that dont have first hand knowledge in immigration each question to them is Not stupid but a "Concern" if they took the time to post then they also are stressing about the outcome of the answer.We were all new to this at one point or another and just wish that the "non researched" question's werent so attacked.We all log in here each day to hopefully educate and help others going thru the stress process we have .Al and piano and a few of the other oldtimers in here are my educators in the early beginnings for me and i learned thru reading each post they made .But.....i had alot of time on my hands also....Not all have this luxury.I do admit that some questions have made me laugh when i read them as i couldnt believe that someone could actually post them and not feel like an idiot for asking..But hate seeing that due to a few idiots asking really stupid questions that now all seem to be somewhat jumped about "Have you researched this"?...
All the news in past few years about immigration laws rules etc have the ability to confuse the normal everyday man.And also so questions are just asked because they seek to have an answer from others that have been thru the process....As i have taught my kids..patience is needed.....when you are asked a question please remember no matter what it was important enough to another to be asked..Even if your answer is ....Its kinda silly to ask that...

I agree with you about having patience and remembering one's "first steps" :p : HOWEVER, some of the questions are really ridiculous. I believe one should read, read, read, as much information and research and try to understand and then when it is not clear ASK THE QUESTION HERE. :rolleyes: You can tell by certain questions that some persons have not even read the instructions that come with the forms. That makes me think that they are a type of person who looks for the easy way out. In other words, someone to carry their weight. I don't believe in insulting people. I do believe in tell it like it is and speaking out on injustice or rudeness. Yes, some people respond with rudeness. (that is uncalled for) YET some people show their IGNORANCE. By Ignorance, I don't mean when they need help or interpretation (because of language or cultural barriers or differences) but I mean the type of Ignorance that is because one is not willing to take the "steps" to do what is needed.

WE ARE TO GUIDE INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE DEALING WITH THIS PROCESS :rolleyes:
WE ARE TO INFORM :rolleyes:
WE ARE TO SUPPORT :rolleyes:
WE ARE TO COUNSEL :rolleyes:
WE ARE TO INSTRUCT :rolleyes:

WE ARE NOT TO ENABLE :eek:

though you make a point that this is an open forum and that we (the fellow posters) are here to help and not to yell, I think you really should understand that it is to be expected that someone who wants to become a legal alien, does some type of research before deciding to come on here and ask some questions.

No it may be so that some people just don't know how to ask a question, without sounding stupid, but if i read a thread where the person pretty much says, "that he/she has to be married quickly and uhh the USCIS site is so big and confusing, please tell us what to do" I think that person should reevaluate their situation. Nothing should be done "quick" when it come to this process in my opinion. You should always be as thorough as possible.

One would think that something as important as "becoming a legal permanent resident of a country would be something of great importance and one would take the time to find out as much as possible.

Also this forum ask that you check to see if your question has already been posted. I also have noticed (while researching) that most immigration post have a "FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION" listing to respond to the most common situations but we fail to use it. Most people hear want to be a "positive part" in assisting individuals. They commit their time, energy, knowledge and experience to helping but no one likes a DEADBEAT. :eek: