Note to Ombdusman, Mr. Khatri

aws

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I wrote the following note to Mr. Khatri at NSC.
Any experience of previous correspondence with him?

BTW, what do you have to say @ the following Qs:

Dear Sir,

I have the following queries regarding the AC21 portability benefit as regards to change of employment in similar occupation while the I-485 is pending for 180+ days.
I'll appreciate if you respond to my queries as soon as possible:

1) Per the new Ohata memo, which date (i.e., whether processing date for I-140 or for I-485) should I follow to track my applications for the concurrently filed cases?
If I-140/I-485 are going to be processed together, should I assume that my I-485 will be processed as soon as I-140 is processed or vice-versa?

2) If it is true that for concurrently filed cases, I-140 will not be processed until I-485 is ready for processing, does that mean my I-140 (filed in Oct., 2003) will not processed until the current processing date for I-485 progresses to November 2003 (i.e., when my I-485 was filed)?

3) If there is a delay in processing of I-140 due to it being held up by concurrent processing with I-485, does that imply I cannot use the AC21 benefit given the fact that my I-485 is pending for more than 180 days?

4) Is there any provision to use AC21 while I-485 is pending for more than 180 days while I-140 is still pending approval?

Thanks for the responses.

aws,
You have got a great job and due to USCIS processing delays and the confusion about AC21 law, you are not able to join. You should have added that also with the letter to show him how people are suffering with this greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeencard processssssssssssssing.

naanshi.

I read it somewhere in the labyrinth of immigration webpages that when the Ombdusmen makes a request for a specific case to USCIS they promptly and in timely manner respond ( I kind of want to say that the turn around was several weeks like no more than 8 weeks).

So, I too will be waiting for that answer. Patiently.

folks,

i am eagerly awaiting his reply.

however, on a practical side, i doubt whether he will ever reply and even if he do so, if ever he will have direct answers to our Qs.... :eek:
anyway, i'll keep all of you posted.

as expected.....no response!

folks,

as i had guessed earlier, Mr. Khatri has not yet responded to my queries. (ofcourse, the e-mail did not bounce back to me!)

thus, if a "desi" does not bother to reply to another desi, isn't it too much of us to expect CIS (full of non-desis, i assume) to respond to our concerns all the time? :(

Hi,

I don't think the ombudsman is anything but an American, and so I don't expect him to serve any group of non-americans like "desi" better than others. Maybe he has forwarded your questions to NSC decision makers?