Not Finding Enough Courage To Travel To Canada Using Arv On J1

wsps

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I know I am not the only one who has to go to Canada to pick up the Canadian PR card and wondering about using automatic revalidation on J-1. I saw lots of information and questions regarding this issue, but never found any first hand experience of using ARV on J1 or H1. If some of you brave souls have done this, please share the experience of crossing border, and comming back to US with expired visa on passport but valid documents (in other words using automatic revalidation). How do they treat you? What are the chnaces of refusal to entry in US? and what options you have then? Can the programs or lawyers herre in US can help?
Good luck all who are in this circle.

Thanks

Thank you Sali for the information. I am aware of the requirements. I was wondering if at border they acknowledge this revalidation or not. What are the chances that the officer at border will tell you to go back to Canada even in the presence of the required documents and revalidation law in place? Is it is gurantee that they will allow some one in or is it up to their discretion to use or refuse the automatic revalidation?
I hope now I am bettter describing my dilemma.

I have done AVR 3 times....There is no problem....Go ahead, u will have no problems...The only question they ask is for how long did you stay in Canada...if it is less than 30 days, it is fine! Good luck and have a nice trip..