not allow to travel abroad until oath ceremony after interview?

is that true not allow to travel abroad until oath ceremony after interview?

You can travel on your old passport and GC, but you must continue to abide by all the eligibility criteria for your N-400 application. i.e. continuous residence, physical presence and residence in a state.

:confused:
You can travel on your old passport and GC, but you must continue to abide by all the eligibility criteria for your N-400 application. i.e. continuous residence, physical presence and residence in a state.

but foreign travel won't be possible immediately after oath ceremony, until you get your US passport, right? :confused:

Yes, that's correct.
If you absolutely must travel, do your traveling before you take your oath -- between the interview and oath is fine (and your oath letter will ask for an update of any traveling between the interview and oath). Once you take the oath, you are technically an American citizen and cannot re-enter the United States with a foreign passport (further complicating matters is the fact that USCIS will take away your green card at the oath ceremony, so essentially you have no other documentation until you get your US passport).

Getting the US passport can be done within 24 hrs if you're traveling in less than 14 days from the date of application. These applications must be made in person at a local passport agency of the State Dept.

RARELY, and only VERY RARELY, you can technically re-enter the U.S. with your naturalization certificate as proof of US citizenship if you're coming in from WHTI countries (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, South America). Even then, though, you will probably be extensively hassled by USCIS officials at the airport before they let you in. In addition, most airline staff at the other country are likely to not know this and not let you board the plane back to the U.S. But in absolutely dire situations, if you're traveling to any of those countries, people have gotten away with using their naturalization certificate as proof.

.... now I'm just rambling.

just wondering: what happens in case a LPR works overseas for a US company on a foreign work visa stamped on his/her passport once that person becomes a US citizen and no longer can use the foreign passport? Does this mean this person has to update his/her status with the host country where s/he works or would s/he still be able to use the foreign passport when entering the host country and the US passport when entering the US?

just wondering: what happens in case a LPR works overseas for a US company on a foreign work visa stamped on his/her passport once that person becomes a US citizen and no longer can use the foreign passport? Does this mean this person has to update his/her status with the host country where s/he works or would s/he still be able to use the foreign passport when entering the host country and the US passport when entering the US?

Thats an interesting and somewhat unusual situation. I'd imagine the answer is heavily dependent on the country of your original citizenship, and hence whether you can legally claim dual citizenship and continue to use your old passport & visa to enter third-party countries. (But of course you'll always need to use your new US passport to reenter the US.)

Thats an interesting and somewhat unusual situation. I'd imagine the answer is heavily dependent on the country of your original citizenship, and hence whether you can legally claim dual citizenship and continue to use your old passport & visa to enter third-party countries. (But of course you'll always need to use your new US passport to reenter the US.)

depending on your country of origin i don't see this as an issue.

the US only requires you to use US passport on entry/exit of the USA. if you have a visa in your old passport (and for example the case of UK you now have dual) you leave on US...get to country - use your visa...then on the way back, use your US...if they ask, you can show the other passport.

You should call the embassy/consulate of the country in question. I'm sure they've seen cases like this. They will mostly likely just ask you to apply for another work visa with your new US passport. :) (or just let your company handle the issues)

Last time I traveled, I showed my UK passport to the agent at the airline desk prior to departure, and then again to the UK immigration officer. When it was time to fly back home, I got out my US passport and followed the exact same procedure.

Curiously, UK immigration allowed me to take my son through the very short EU passports line, even though he only holds a US passport. I thought that was a nice gesture in view of the massive backlog of people waiting in line for non-EU passport holders. You just gotta love Heathrow... what a zoo!