NORI sent to IE, waiting for DOS approval, Someone pls help me..

ashala

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am a postdoc on J1 visa. I applied for NORI in Oct 2007 and also send the forms, fee to DOS in Dec for the case number and got it.
Meanwhile I got a job offer from the University and they want to offer H-1B. Becos of that, I rushed the process and got all three NORIs from India by 3rd Feb 2008. Immediately on 4th Feb, I traveled to Chicago consulate with the case number and obtained Waiver letter. They forwarded the same to IE, DC on the same day. From that time on wards I am waiting for my approval from DOS.
Here is my question, since I applied for case number before, I wrote as usual in the personal statement to DOS. But now my situation is changed and I need the final waiver letter ASAP. So whether I need to create another “Statement of Reason” saying about my Job offer and send them ?? Whether it will really help me or delays the case ??

Another question is, normally how many days it will take to be case approved after waiver certificate from Consulate has sent to Embassy, DC. Still toady DOS Website shows only Fee, DS-3035, DS-2019, Passport data page and statement of reason received.

Someone please help me....
Thanks in advance,

I am in a similar situation. I got an H1b, mailed my new I-94 to DOS one month ago and got a signature confirmation but it has never showed up online, and probably got lost.

I think you could just mail a copy of a job offer to DOS.