Non immigration related - relocating..

tellmewhy

Registered Users (C)
My 485 RD is 2/2003. My current project is ending, I am offered to move to Baltimore, MD. I am really torn now, I don't know much about Baltimore, MD, and I am currenlty in Columbus OH. Anybody from that area shed some lights on this? I am just trying to be convinced that this is a good move. Thanks!

If I were you, I'd start looking for another job in your area and quit your current company... unless you like to be taken for a ride (from Ohio to Baltimore) and disrupt your life.

I agree with Bhankas

Having lived in nearby area to Baltimore I have to agree with Bhankas.
good luck

Make a sound decission ... All of the USA is same dude.

Except suburbs or downtown, unless you have a family in OHIO. check your benefits and move.

Thanks guys. It is a disruption of life, that's why I hesitated to move. However, my company has offered decent package, they gave us a 20% salary adjustment and a lump sum relo bonus. it's hard to reject, espeically i've tried but couldn't find any jobs here yet.
GC0902, you've lived near Baltimore? Do you not like it? what are the reasons? Thanks.

tellmewhy :

If you're not being offered atleast 90K, you might want to reconsider their offer.

Ok at Baltimore

I used to live at Glenburnie,MD 3-4 yrs back. I was drawing close to 70K . The place is pretty decent and scenic. As I have also seen Columbus. You will love Baltimore.
Why don't you check out Glenburnie. Its near BWI airport.
Good luck.

I am getting a 80k offer, is that too little? i know the housing price is terrible. I'm thinking about living in Columbia..or somewhere in howard county.

I have lived in MD for 6 years and like the Washington DC Metro area. Columbia is a very good place to live, its convenient and very close to Baltimore. 80K is a decent salary in this area.

As Chakal2000 suggested checkout GlenBurnie housing is cheaper, but Columbia is much better.