Non Immigration Posting.

DryIce

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

Can you suggest some ways of marketing our Presentation and Orator Skills ? Remember, your suggestion can completely change a person's life for the good of it.

Thanks.

Try joining a Toastmasters club in your region. Some big companies have one or host it internally.

http://www.toastmasters.org/

I believe you want to improve on your presentation and oratory skills to market yourself better.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have required Presentation and oratory skills then you do not need suggestions on ways to market it. You would already know how to do it. Marketing is nothing but requires presentation and oratory skills.
One thing is sure you lack common sense.

One thing that Shaitanu is incapable of is "being nice" even by mistake!

What a wonderful quality?!!! People should research into how you were raised! :)

Hi Again..

I am interested in participating in Presentations and Lectures. I participated in several debates ( Toastmaster's club ) in a very reputed organization. However, now I am in a small company where people are somewhat interested in ignoring my skills. Being on H1, I have less leverage on what I can do and what I cannot. Time and again, I proved myself in this field, but I am ignored just because the management fears that I may climb up the ladder. (hopefully my H1 Hell will end soon).

I am interested in marketing my skills for giving presentations for IT Projects. For, eg: if a company X wants to bid for a project, they will prepare the content of the presentation and I will just deliver the presentation. I have enough technical knowledge to answer the questions that people may ask during the presentation. The aim is to impress the client and improve the chances of bagging the project. I will not have any involvement in the project, after my presentation is done. I will charge a fixed amount for giving the technical presentation.

That is my idea. I am not sure if such an opportunity exists. But if they are, I want to know how to get to the needy client. If you get any ideas, please let me know. This is one job, which I will love for the rest of my life.

Please guys, understand that I am turning to a forum because, I can freely express my "dream job" description.

I really have not heard of a job specification like that. What you are talking about is usually done by senior management or high level account managers/sales executives.
If you have such skills then perhaps you might want to think about being in brand management/account management in the iT field. As you appear to be an IT guy.
Another position that you could think of is consulting. Infact account manager for a big IT consulting firm seems to fit this bill perfectly in my opinion.

DryIce: The position you are looking for is in "Pre-sales" in IT organizations.

1. You could be purely a marketing guy with enough knowledge of the technical product/service that is being sold.
2. You could be the technical guy (accompanying the marketing team) who does the product demo/presentations for interested customers and answering their queries.

This activity normally cannot be done on a case by case outsourced basis.

If a product, the marketing and some of the sr. tech/architect (or whoever on bench) would do the presales.

If a consulting services company, once again marketing and some of the sr. tech/architect (or whoever on bench) would do it. Based on the group you belong in the company could be for projects and if in a vertical sector within the co. for specific products.

It could prove to be a tough job. You are trying to sell your products/services and you feel that you did a good job, the customer is interested but they sometimes would delay for long periods (given the economy) or just not respond.

FYI, I have been part of presales/sales teams and also sat on the other side of the fence evaluating vendors' products and services.

BTW (not to discourage you), your involvement as explained by you, does not add value since you do not "prepare" the presentation and just about capabale of handling tech queries (you would be surprised that some clients might be very knowledgeable and thorough) and not following up if the deal comes through. Most marketing team folks would be capable to sell themselves (they do it on an ongoing basis) if given a good presentation material and most sr.tech/architect can also handle tough tech queries (because of personal work exp.) and may join the project if it comes through (though may lack oratory skills but the mkting guys act as a buffer).

Good Luck in your endeavors.

follow this:

Sit for a TSE (test of spoken english) test. check www.tse.org.
Find out your level, if you get 50 score (which is required for foreign doctor, pharmacist to work in USA) your fine. If you get 55, you are excellent. In that case you only need some project management seminar and course work to learn how to present, deal and negotiate a project. Learn quotation (pricing/ mark up/ costing of product) technique. Whoever dealing money $$$, product and project development in the technology business (not necessery IT, it could be pharma too) is the GOD. Stable job at work, no chance for lay off.

Hi Folks

St8 - You have put this in the right perspective. However, the problem is that my company is a small company. In my previous company, I did a lot of this stuff and got projects which are worth more than 5 million. That company just unleashed me. So, I think all this suggests that I need a GC to go the proper company. I think, Accounts Manager and Product Sales Manager or even Regional Manager would be the right position. :) These positions are way beyond the level of my present company President :)

GeeCeeSaga - Thanks for throwing some light onto this one.

Habib and ShantanuB - Probalby you guys would be thinking that I will bash you :) No no.. All types of hats are required for a healthy discussion. And coming to TSE, I agree that I may not score as much as I would have done 5 years ago, but now I tend to look at being more practical than just getting a good score on TSE. ( FYI I just wrote GRE and TOEFL and got good scores ) but never had to use them to come to USA. :).