NON Concurrent Thread for I140

I140helppls

Registered Users (C)
Guys please post ur details if you applied just the I140 ?(no I485 ). I havent seen anyone except zeroc and myself who filed just the I140 on all the california forums

140-Non Concurrent Tracker

Hi all,

With the available information, I have created an XL sheet to track the 140 Non-concurrent applications status. It would be great if you guys veryify/update ur information in the same.

--Vortex.

Last edited by a moderator:
received RFE

My case
labor sub EB3
RD 5/30/2003
RFE Issued on april 7th .
i will update asap when we get the RFE

Re: received RFE

PLease dont forget to update the tracker with your information.

--Vortex.

Originally posted by I140helppls
My case
labor sub EB3
RD 5/30/2003
RFE Issued on april 7th .
i will update asap when we get the RFE

My case was filed non-concurrently in the first week of Sept 2003, under substituted labour. Since my I-140 is still pending, can I apply now for I-485 under concurrent filing? Please advise.

Thanks

Mine is non-concurrent case (Only I-140 filed). My company gave some vague reasons why they would not file I-485.

RD : 08/13/2002
EB-2, LC Substitute
No RFE.

Approved I140

My I140 got approved yesterday (04/29).

Original Labour
Non-concurent I140, opted for CP.
RD - 06/30/2003
No RFE
AD - 04/29/2004

My online status is updated today.

Re: Approved I140

Congrats sesani and all the best for ur CP. Can you let us know whether its EB2 or EB3?

--Vortex.

Originally posted by sesani

Original Labour
RD - 06/30/2003
No RFE
AD - 04/29/2004

Mine is EB3.

- Sesani

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats sesani and all the best for ur CP. Can you let us know whether its EB2 or EB3?

--Vortex.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by sesani

Original Labour
RD - 06/30/2003
No RFE
AD - 04/29/2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

485 filed 6 months after 140 - is that concurrent?

I am in a situation similar to optimist.
My I-140 was filed in October 2003 (substituted
labor). Did not file I-485.

My question is: if I file 485 NOW, would that be
considered as "concurrent"? SHould I do that
with or without I-140 receipt number?

Also, since I would file in CSC, would it become
part of the pilot program? I hope YES :(

Gurus and Non-gurus, please respond.

dasbabu,

Here are my thoughts...

As long as you file your 485 before your 140 is approved, it is considered as "Concurrent Filing". Some consider this as semi-concurrent (they call filing of 140 and 485 together as "Concurrent").

Since you are going to file 485 now, it is better to attach a copy of your 140 receipt.

From what I understand, if your 140 is pending and you file 485, you satisfy the requirement of the "Pilot Program".

Good Luck.

Cheers,
anonymous

backlog reduction - fair and equitable?!

guys,

I don't know how you feel about this pilot program, but I am personally convinced that it won't be fair for all of us. Take for example the non-concurrently filed cases. It is likely that CIS will stop processing non-concurrent applications alltogether because they will be so bogged down
1. processing the new cases
2. trying to reduce the backlog of 485s.

I was very disappointed yesterday to see the projected processing time increase with another 90 days again.... I think it's a sign that non-concurrent and old EB applications will be put in the backburner- out of sight, out of mind.
I feel that the immigration community should raise this issue with CIS. I suppose the recent attempts to reduce backlog on CIS's part are (at least partly) due to the lawsuit this board filed with the help of Mr. Khanna, but the measures are not being distributed even handedly, but in a rather biased way.

I am sure this was not in Mr. Khanna's intention, however things are looking to benefit some but not all. I personally feel very disappointed that my EB3 non-concurrent case is likely to be the lowest priority because of this lawsuit. I think the community should try to address this problem. I feel that one month old cases getting approved before long pending cases should not be the case!

While I am totally behind Mr. Khanna's lawsuit and actions to reduce backlog, I feel that it should be done in a fair and equitable way.

Please post your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
I140inCA

Any updates...

Are there any approvals/RFEs/denials for EB3 cases (LC sub.)? Guys please update. My RD is 06/23/03 (non-concurrent). They are currently processing around June 17th. It seems pretty close but haven't heard anything so far.

My USCIS website login has a last updated date of 04/20/04. Does it mean my case is being looked at right now. Not sure how long it takes for them to process once they take up a case.

This wait is getting really frustrating.

Anyone in similar timeframe still waiting?

Please share your experience/thoughts.

Thanks