Non-Collect Status W/IRS & Naturalization Interview

Anteah

I have a question, I hope someone have had similar cituation. I am currently trying to set up a payment plan with IRS for the federal taxes that I owe, however my current status with them is what they call "Non-Collect" where they are currently not trying to collect due to my not having $. I am however making voluntary payments of about $100-200 a month to them for which I have stubs from casheers checks (that say that they are for US Treasury). If I am not able to secure my Installment Agreement by the naturalization interview date (that I am still waiting for - it has not been set yet), since IRS can take their sweet time, what am I to do? Has anyone here had that happen to them before or maybe know what I can do?

I know I must bring a signed (by who me? IRS? both?) agreement of my repayment plan to the interview, but I I am in "Non-Collect" I don't have an agreement per se, it is simply a very short notice from IRS stating that they currently not collecting, but I can send voluntary payments, with out any signatures, since it is not an agreement. Also since the payments are voluntary I am not getting any receipts back from IRS when I make them, I only have casheirs check stubs. Are the notice and stubs enough to prove that I am making my attempts to pay? I would love to be in a Payment Plan but IRS is dragging their feet (they have sent me 3 letter saying they need more time in the last 3 months) every time I call to ask what's taking so long... Any advice? I really appreciate any comments.