non-availability

HelpWanted

Registered Users (C)
Our municipality does give me non-availability. They refuse to give even letters that they dont' issue. Any suggestions on how to proceed

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend has some filled in birth certificate forms with signatures. Can I fill in those "birth certificate" forms and submit to BCIS. I have already submitted affidavit saying I don't have "birth certificate". will it harm the process?

Even our municipality did not issue one. I went to court and got letter from their. It took three months.

The Washington DC embassy also isssues birth certicates- I don't know how well they work. I am using it- INS has not complained yet- about 10 mo. into it.
The embassy certificate also says - if you were born before 1970- the country did not have a system of birth certiicates at all.
HTH

If they don't find your Birth Certificate in record, they should issue the non availability certificate

I recently got my non availability from Corporation of Chennai

The birth certificates need to be obtained from Court, it will take atleast 2 months time.

Check Guys! The indian embassy issuied birth certificate is not valid infront of BCIS. You should and must get a affadavit of birth certificate from your parents ..this only will work .. Other than this any thing is RFE

Originally posted by wanna_gc
Indian Embassy issues birth certificates after verifying from passport and other documents..

Guys.. Its not a big deal to get a Birth certificate from india .. even if you stay here also get your birth certificate .. Just get an affadivit of your birth from your parents ( only parents!! ) and get it notarised .. (Cost of 100 Rs /-) ..Thats all ..things done ,..
Actuvally we dont need to have a non-availability certificate also

Originally posted by nnarayanus
If they don't find your Birth Certificate in record, they should issue the non availability certificate

I recently got my non availability from Corporation of Chennai

The birth certificates need to be obtained from Court, it will take atleast 2 months time.

I got the affidavits from parents notarized.

But who said that we don't require 'non-availability' certificate?

Non availability certificate is required along with the affidavits

I heard people getting RFE specifically asking for Non Availability Certificate from Muncipal Corporation

well .. Actuvally while getting the Affidavit it self you can mention some thing like this
8) A request has been made with the proper authorities for …………..’s
Birth certificate but the same is unavailable.

and you can notarise it ..This would do .See small municipalities and small mandals and small towns wont give you non-availability and stuff .. In that case you can prefer this one ..

Originally posted by nnarayanus
Non availability certificate is required along with the affidavits

I heard people getting RFE specifically asking for Non Availability Certificate from Muncipal Corporation

One can get the affidavit from their relatives too, not just parents. You need to mention in the affidavit that how they are related to you, and how well do they know you.

I have done it myself with 2 affidavits from my aunt and my uncle.