NOID response

davido

Hello, I am on F1 and OPT.
I have been denied. The letter says I was credible and consistent on my testimony but there are things that I have been seen as not eligible which I think its completely non-sense.
I applied to the Los Angeles asylum office Tustin.
I do not know where to send my response paper for this NOID. I have no idea and I do not have money to cover lawyer. I have been to 2 interviews first one was 6hr and the second one was 4.5 hours long. I need help. I have only 13 days left to respond.

Hello, I am on F1 and OPT.
I have been denied. The letter says I was credible and consistent on my testimony but there are things that I have been seen as not eligible which I think its completely non-sense.
I applied to the Los Angeles asylum office Tustin.
I do not know where to send my response paper for this NOID. I have no idea and I do not have money to cover lawyer. I have been to 2 interviews first one was 6hr and the second one was 4.5 hours long. I need help. I have only 13 days left to respond.
Could you share your timeline?

I would get an attorney to draft your rebuttal. If they accept your credibility then your testimony alone is sufficient and no additional evidence is necessary. They may have however said that your story does not rise up to the level of persecution or that it doesn’t cover the protected grounds such as race religion etc. we don’t know your story but it maybe worthwhile to get an attorney to do this. Else your visa status continues and when you go out of status you can reapply for asylum and get referred to an IJ

I would get an attorney to draft your rebuttal. If they accept your credibility then your testimony alone is sufficient and no additional evidence is necessary. They may have however said that your story does not rise up to the level of persecution or that it doesn’t cover the protected grounds such as race religion etc. we don’t know your story but it maybe worthwhile to get an attorney to do this. Else your visa status continues and when you go out of status you can reapply for asylum and get referred to an IJ
I have done everything by myself. Lawyers are crazy expensive.

I have done everything by myself. Lawyers are crazy expensive.
Just FYI - if you don’t already know, you can get pro Bono lawyers for asylum. In any case, good luck. Since you are on valid status, you won’t be deported anyway

Wow! I am on F1 too and got the same exact response like word by word. I interviewed for about 2 hrs in Chicago office. Applied in July 2021, got receipt notice after 5 weeks, submitted expedited request, got approved for ER in 2 weeks, scheduled for fingerprint in 3 weeks, scheduled for interview in 3 weeks, got NOID in 3 weeks, sent out Rebuttal in 10 days with overnight shipping, already 4th week, no reply. I did everything with the same lawyer except for ER. I have so many solid evidences, but the officer just never reviewed them. Instead, she just quoted the state delartment article from 2020 by basically saying the country is peaceful whereas the coup didn't happen until February 2021. So B.S. If I don't get approved, I am suing the USCIS for discrimination.

Suing USCIS for discrimination for rejecting asylum won’t do anything. The case will be dismissed asap. Thousands of people get rejected, don’t you think they may have filed lawsuits for discrimination? Do you have better luck filing a rebuttal or trying your luck for immigration judge.

Suing USCIS for discrimination for rejecting asylum won’t do anything. The case will be dismissed asap. Thousands of people get rejected, don’t you think they may have filed lawsuits for discrimination? Do you have better luck filing a rebuttal or trying your luck for immigration judge.
Exactly! This guy is funny! Plus being granted asylum or not is a privilege not a right ! You have no rights here to be 100% granted asylum!!! It’s up to the USCIS to accept ur case or not and if you don’t like that you can go back to your country or go apply asylum somewhere else