NOID for spouse of US citizen

aroraka

My I-130(family category)was approved in April 2005. Could not approve my I485 because of background check. In August 2005, just when my 180 days after I 130 were about to be completed, I received notice of intent to deny my I 485 from the local office saying I did not provide the affidavit for birth certificate and for the case to continue should provide the same within 30 days. I provided them with the document within a week's time. After that no letter of receipt from their office, no further information. Made appointment twice and was told that they have received the document but the case could take from 365 to 600 days. Advance Parole was renewed in November 2005.

The question is if my background check has not yet been completed, why did they even open my file in August to send me the NOID. And if the background check has already been completed, then why the delay as I provided the document within a week's time.

Any help/suggestion/advice will be greatly appreciated.

aroraka said:
My I-130(family category)was approved in April 2005. Could not approve my I485 because of background check. In August 2005, just when my 180 days after I 130 were about to be completed, I received notice of intent to deny my I 485 from the local office saying I did not provide the affidavit for birth certificate and for the case to continue should provide the same within 30 days. I provided them with the document within a week's time. After that no letter of receipt from their office, no further information. Made appointment twice and was told that they have received the document but the case could take from 365 to 600 days. Advance Parole was renewed in November 2005.

The question is if my background check has not yet been completed, why did they even open my file in August to send me the NOID. And if the background check has already been completed, then why the delay as I provided the document within a week's time.

Any help/suggestion/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Looks like USCIS sent you an RFE which you never received, or you received it and probably forgot to respond to it.