No Paystubs. What are the possible excuses for leave without pay for 5 months?

NoPaystubs

Registered Users (C)
After filing my 485, I do not have paystubs for 5 months. In the mean while I finished with FingerPrinting and the AVM confirmed that FP results reviewd and further process resumed. Luckely I got a 3 months project now.

Can we stay in US for 5 months, on leave without pay, when we are on H-1? (Out of this 5 months, I have EAD for 3 months) If anybody say "Yes", can you please explain what are the possible excuses for taking a leave of that long period?
Thanks,
NoPaystubs

status

well when u file 485 upto that time u have to maintain status very carefully - but when u r in 485 stage it does not really matter.

But if rfe is issued for pay stubs u have to produce them or have a very good explanation as to who is going to provide u with a permanent job once gc is approved. U have to find an employer who gives u a letter saying that either he is currently employing u permanently or will give u a job once ur green card is approved.
Also it is very important that job description is same or similar to labor application

So rather than picking up a 3 month contract please try very hard to get a permanent job

No Title

1. You can legaly work with EAD as long as its valid.
2. If you worked for sponsor >=180 days (after filing I485), you can switch sponsors, to similar position.
3. If not in CSC, you may switch sponsors before 180 days, but your case must not be adjucated before 180 days pass.

Thank you. My employer is cooperative.

My employer is willing to give any kind of letter for my GC. But my question is I do not have paystubs from Aug - December, 2001. I got my EAD in October, 2001. Just I am looking for somebody who are in the similar situation and get their GC approved. If we collect some acceptable excuses, we can use one, as per our conditions.

Thanks,
NoPaystubs

keep on top

keep on top this discussion. these excuses are most impartant for us, becase many of us are not in projects for so long period.
thanks
nopaystubs

pay a fine and you may be fine

if you were not working while on EAD, my attorney says that there is a provision where by you pay a fine of $1,000 and then they give your green card.

Can anybody confirm that?

No

As per 245 i, the application has to be filed (I140-I-130) during Marh 26 2001 - 30 April 2001. I.e. Your PD should fall in this dates. Then your attorney version is right. Granfather law applies for specific period. You pl. check whether he is referring grand father law.

R