No Objection Statement

genericuser

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

I was working in San Francisco on a J-1 Visa till Feb 2008. I came back to India in Feb 2008. I'm getting married next month and would need to go to US on a H4. I need to get a waiver regarding the same.

I filled out online application and in the 'Third Party Barcode' page, it states:
'When the "no objection" statement originates from the exchange visitor's government in the home country, that government must forward it directly to the American Consul at the U.S.Embassy or Consulate, which in turn will transmit the statement to the Waiver Review Division, Visa Services.'

Since I'm applying for the waiver from India, the "no objection" statement should be issued by the Indian Government and not the Indian Consulate in San Francisco or Indian Embassy in Washington DC.

I would like to know who exactly do I need to approach in order to get the "no objection" statement in India. Any information regarding this would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi,

I was working in cleveland on a J-1 Visa till Nov 2007. I came back to India in Nov 2007. Will you please tell me the procedure for obtainig NOC from India

If u r in the US ur Indian consulate forwards the NOC to concerned American authorities and Indian consulates r governed by the Ministry of External Affairs, so I think it should be pretty much the job of MEF.

D