no oath letter after interview

bos_n400

no oath letter after successful interview

I had my interview about two months ago in Boston. They had a typo in my birth date in their records. The interviewer took a copy of my birth cert. and said that I am approved for citizenship, but she cant give the oath letter because the system needs to be corrected and I should get the oath letter in less than two months. I had taken an infopass appointment a few days ago to see if they can give me the oath letter. The immigration officer said that he can see that the record is corrected, but he doesn't know when I would get the oath letter.

Now we are changing the address and going out of the country for a month. so I have few questions
1. Can I call someone/go somewhere and see if I can do the oath in next 3 weeks?
2. When I change address, I have to call the number provided on N-400?
3. Is AR-11 necessary?
4. Going out of country is probably OK, only problem would be if I get the oath letter and miss the date :(

Any help is greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, Are they authorized to give an oath letter at infopass appointment? If I show my travel ticket? Anybody ever got oath letter at infopass appointment

I'm not sure they can simply print out an N445 and hand it to you;), but it doesn't hurt to go for an infopass and ask for your status.

I hope you are not oversimplifying your case becuase even after being congratulated at int., your case could still be "pending". Check out my experience here: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1634917&postcount=12

Now we are changing the address and going out of the country for a month. so I have few questions
1. Can I call someone/go somewhere and see if I can do the oath in next 3 weeks?
2. When I change address, I have to call the number provided on N-400?
3. Is AR-11 necessary?
4. Going out of country is probably OK, only problem would be if I get the oath letter and miss the date :(

You will not only have to file an AR-11 but you will also have to call USCIS to update the address for your pending N-400 application. I would also recommend taking an Infopass appointment as soon as possible. They will most likely not be able to hand out an interview letter right then and there. But you can use it as a source for information and also to escalate in case it is just hanging out there.

I'm not sure they can simply print out an N445 and hand it to you;), but it doesn't hurt to go for an infopass and ask for your status.

I hope you are not oversimplifying your case because even after being congratulated at int., your case could still be "pending". Check out my experience here: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1634917&postcount=12

Thanks for that info.
I will start out with 800 number and insist on Immigration Officer. So I assume the person that comes on the phone is not an IO and would pass it on to IO if we complain loudly?) I had tried 800 number and they told me that the case is with the DO and not with them. And I will also take infopass once again and try to escalate.

and I hope that my case is not "secondary check situation" and wish you speedy resolution!

Thanks

Thanks for that info.
I will start out with 800 number and insist on Immigration Officer. So I assume the person that comes on the phone is not an IO and would pass it on to IO if we complain loudly?) I had tried 800 number and they told me that the case is with the DO and not with them. And I will also take infopass once again and try to escalate.

and I hope that my case is not "secondary check situation" and wish you speedy resolution!

Thanks

Yes, the first person to anser the phone is NOT an IO. The next time you call listen closely to how they answer/inttroduce themselves - the don't say this is "Officer so and so"....

At any rate, be nice to the initial phone rep - complaining loudly will not get you to a real IO. You have to convince them that ONLY an IO can answer your question..... your case being at the DO is a good starting point - it means they can't pull it up - which means they have to transfer you to a real IO.

update

Did infopass appointment. Everything is OK and I should get the oath letter in a month.
Thanks for the help