No NOAs in consular processing?

Dub

Registered Users (C)
I filed an I-130 for my husband in August at the Islamabad Embassy, and have been waiting ever since for an NOA1 (or anything else, for that matter). When we submitted the petition, we were told that the officer who looks over the I-130s and processes them wouldn't be in town until the first week of Sept (about 10 days after we filed), so I waited a few days to make sure that she actually was back in town and would have had an opportunity to look over and start the processing on our file. Now, after almost a month, I decided to call and see what was going on, since I was worried that since we hadn't gotten an NOA, they STILL had not started any action on our petition.

The guy at the Embassy told me that it has already been sent for processing and in a few days/weeks my husband should be getting the 'Packets' and requests for fees from the US. He said that in consular processing, they don't send out any NOAs or any other such information!

That kind of makes me happier, knowing that the processing in already on the way (when here I was thinking that the file hadn't even been touched yet!), but it also makes me anxious because I will have no idea what is going on with my petition.

Does anyone else know anything about this? About overseas processing not including NOAs, etc, that is?

And what's the next step?! Is the NVS dealing with it the petition now, or what?

Anyone? Surely someone must have filed outside the US! Doesn't have to be in Pakistan - I think the guy said that it's the same case when filing anywhere outside the US, in any consulate.