No need to wait for 485 receipt to get EAD. Fedex confirmation is enough

totsnag

Registered Users (C)
Rules have changed. My 485 was filed on Sep 25 2001 thru Fed-ex. On Sep 28 2001 I went to local INS office ( Boston ) with fed-ex confirmation and 485 application copy to get my EAD and advance parole. W/o any problem I got it. I do not know about other Centers or local offices.

Details..

Can you please post the details here...

Mine was sent on Sept 26. Is it okay to get EAD, AP from local INS? Because of this, will they (VSC) transfer the case to local INS?

How does VSC know, whether you got ur EAD or not? What if VSC sends one more EAD? (Just curiocity i am asking all these questions)

is it true?????

hi,

I think only after 90 days we can goto the local ins office to get our ead.....but u\'ve told that u got it the next day..is it true???
can u pls.show some light towards this??????

same day yu will get it.

Same day you will get it. It depends on Queue. Generally local office opens at 7:00am and closes at 2:00 pm This is the case with Boston office. You have to find out about others

It is true. I got it from Boston Local office.

Even my neighbour got it based on the information and after seeing my EAD and he got it w/o any problem. check with your lawyer.

RE: Details

First of all, I didn\'t submit EAD application and Advance Parole application to VSC. Instead I took those to local office. Only 485 has been submitted to VSC

No Title

But I heard that one has to wait for 90 days after filing it. How can you get it with in 2-3 days? This is surprising!!!!!!

According to my lawyer, only two weeks back they changed the EAD procedure.

That is why I wrote, there are changes in the rule. According to my lawyer, only two weeks back they changed the procedure.

90 days

there is no such rule that you have to wait for 90 days. and Boston local office issue EAD with validity of one year. We have to find out if they(BOSTON) issue the same to non Bostonians.

Any way to verify this info with the INS?

is there any URL or something . . . maybe some note was posted on this on the INS website? any of the immigration lawyers confirm/deny this on their websites? (or here)

Thanks in advance.

Did anybody got EAD at local INS office in NewJersey

I sent my 485 (along with EAD,AP) appln on Sept 20th to VSC center.I got the Airborne Express confirmation also.Can i take my EAD at local INS(Newjersey) though applied for EAD along with 485.Do they issue EAD again at VSC center.DOes it affects my 485 process in anyway.
Any info is highly appreciated.
thanks
Mar8