no name in birth certificate

schwark

Registered Users (C)
My wife does not have HER name in the birth certificate. Her mom and father's names are listed.

My CP interview is on March 16th in chennai. Can anyone PLEASE let me know if this is a problem and what the possible solution options are?

I am currently in India working on her PCC.

Take affidavits from her parents (one each) confirming her birth related details (her name at birth, parents name, place of birth and date of birth).

notary

I have typed up the affidavit on stamp paper - does this need to be just notarized and signed by the mother and elder sister (father is no more)?

Or is a lawyer needed for something?

Re: notary

Originally posted by schwark
I have typed up the affidavit on stamp paper - does this need to be just notarized and signed by the mother and elder sister (father is no more)?

Or is a lawyer needed for something?

Once the affidavits are ready, your mother and sister need to
sign them in the presence of the Notary, and the Notary will
complete the rest of the process.

Lawyer is not necessary.

Raju

Schwark,
Were you/ur wife born in Chennai? If yes, you can take the affidavit and the current BC (ones without ur name on)to the Corporation office at Rippon Building and they will re-issue the Birth Certificate with your/ur wife's name. It just costs Rs 20 for getting a new BC with our name on.
I just completed the process.
Good luck

pachaiattai:

What you have shared is good information.

schwark:

I strongly recommend doing what pachaiattai is recommending not just for the cp process but in general as once you get the birth certificate with all necessary information you do not have to be carrying affidavits in any future immigration processes.

Unfortunately she was born in Delhi and apparently making such changes is very painful in Delhi..

My birth certificate is from Chennai and I had already had this change made on mine.

I am going to try one more time in Delhi as well to see if this can be done..

Thanks for all your help guys..