No Interview letter or any online udate yet... 30 days after the biometric appointment

June28

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I applied for my GC (through marriage to USC) on June 19th 2010 and USCIS received the application package for the forms I130, I485 and I765 on June 28th 2010. I got all the required notifications within the first week of the application receipt. I also had my Biometric appointment on July 26th 2010. Until this date everything was moving as expected but once my biometric is done, neither I have recieved any interview letter yet nor anything is updated online. My last update date online shows July 15th 2010 which is before the biometric appointment date. I also called the customer service to find out what the matter is but I got the standard answer that the average application processing time for the form i-765 and i-130 is 3 months so I should inquire about it after end of September because that's when my 3 month is over.

The bottom line is that I haven't seen any update online nor I have received any notification so folks please let me know if there is anybody who is in the same situation. Any information regarding it would be really helpful.

Thanks you all in advance.

It is way too soon to be concerned yet. It normally takes 2-3 months for the I-765 to be approved, and 2-3 months after the fingerprinting to get the interview letter.

I'm applying my GC through USC spouse. Based on other stutses in the forum, it shouldn't take that long.

Yes it does take that long. For most people applying based on marriage to USC it takes at least 3 months after the initial application to get an interview.

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess my best bet is to wait till the end of next month. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess my best bet is to wait till the end of next month. Keeping my fingers crossed.

June28,

Instead of being concerned about the interview date, you ought to be concerned about making sure you have solid information and proof of joint cohabitation with your spouse. It appears as if we see a lot of people lately on the forum who are eager to be interviewed, but are poorly prepared with strong evidence and end up being chewed by USCIS. As Jack noted, you still have couple of weeks to go, but be prepared and ready for the interview.

each persons timeline will be different. They are only used to perhaps make an educated guess on how long each step will take. Yet even then it can be weeks off. Like Al said work on getting proof as you might find that you misplaced something and alot of things can take 2-3 weeks to get.