no i551 stamping on passport-pls help

chawls

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I had my GCinterview(marriage based) two days back in norfolk, Va office. The officer was very good and has asked a couple of questions. Finally he said he is approving my case and I should be getting the card in mail in 3-6 weeks. He is not stamping the passport because physical card is coming within few weeks.

My questions.

1. How long is it taking to get the card in mail?
2. As immigration officer has said that he is approving the case today, does it mean there is nothing pending my fBI name check etc.
3. Why my case is not showing as updated online since last update that was in May-05. When should I expect this to be updated.?

Please help . Thank you

chawls said:
Hi,
I had my GCinterview(marriage based) two days back in norfolk, Va office. The officer was very good and has asked a couple of questions. Finally he said he is approving my case and I should be getting the card in mail in 3-6 weeks. He is not stamping the passport because physical card is coming within few weeks.

My questions.

1. How long is it taking to get the card in mail?
Anywhere between a week to a month
2. As immigration officer has said that he is approving the case today, does it mean there is nothing pending my fBI name check etc.
Yes, your case will not be approved when FBI namecheck is pending
3. Why my case is not showing as updated online since last update that was in May-05. When should I expect this to be updated.?
This means your card is being ordered and you should see a LUD/Welcome letter in a few days.

Please help . Thank you