No Fp Yetttt???????

sickwaiting

Registered Users (C)
hi guys
i didn t receive a fingerprint notice yet ,what do you think guys can i do something about it ,or keep waiting?????
ND:february 29th 2000
RD:february 22nd 2000

Last edited by a moderator:
My ND is Jan 2001, almost one year later than yours, yet I already got the FP notice in April and had the FP done in May. I also saw several other posted msgs saying their NDs are in 2001 and received FP notices recently.

We all know that there is no such thing as "first come, first serve" in CIS. Yet if I were you, I would call them up to check what's going on with your case. But before you do that, check your status online to make sure it didn't say that a FP notice had been mailed to you. If it does say that, then the notice might have been lost in the delivery.

Be patient

My ND was Feb 24, 2004 and I received my notice just 5 days ago.

Regarding calling them, unfortunately you are out of luck, they will tell you that your processing date (Oct,2004 - Sep,2005) has not yet expired and they cannot inquire on your status until Sep, 2005.

Also, oinline status case doesn't change when they send you an FP notice, so that is useless too.

Don't worry about people with NDs from 2001 getting their FP notices, I'm pretty sure there is some other reason for that, but they will definitely not get the GC before you.

Be patient, I'm sure you'll get it in a month or so the most.

Alex

Alex_e38 said:
My ND was Feb 24, 2004 and I received my notice just 5 days ago.

Regarding calling them, unfortunately you are out of luck, they will tell you that your processing date (Oct,2004 - Sep,2005) has not yet expired and they cannot inquire on your status until Sep, 2005.

Also, oinline status case doesn't change when they send you an FP notice, so that is useless too.

Don't worry about people with NDs from 2001 getting their FP notices, I'm pretty sure there is some other reason for that, but they will definitely not get the GC before you.

Be patient, I'm sure you'll get it in a month or so the most.

Alex

Hi Alex_e38, when I told sickwaiting about the FP notice for 2001 people, I wasn't saying we would get the GC before he/she does. In fact, I said there is no "first come first serve", by which I meant you submitted i-485 first doesn't mean you'll get FP notice first; likewise, you get FP first doens't necessarily mean you'll get GC first. I'm simply providing some facts to let him know what's going on with other people's cases since that was what he wanted to know. I didn't want him to "worry" about this. There are already quite some posts from people whose NDs are much later than mine and got the FP notices, too. There is nothing to "worry" about that. We all know it's myth how CIS exactly works.

Since nobody really can tell what's going on at CIS, how can you be "sure" his notice will arrive in a month or so? I was just providing my personal suggestions to sickwaiting to do something instead of waiting and panic (and I said if I were you, but I;m not. So it's up to him). If my suggestions won't work, fine. Feel free to point it out. But no need for such rude word as "useless". You can disagree with people, but don't drive away people with your attitude. I posted some messages before and there were people challenged what I said, too, but in a polite and respectful way.

We are all on the same boat, and this forum is a gathering place for us to sympathize with each other and help with each other. Please help keep this forum a decent one by showing respect to other people.

I'm sorry for misunderstanding

Fightforfate1,

I'm really sorry that you got offended by my post, I had no intention to insult someone or downplay anyone's posts.

Let me clarify some things.

1. When i used "useless" I was referring to USCIS online case status tool, not to your advice.

2. When I said "don't worry about people with NDs from 2001" I didn't mean "they post their notices to make you jelaous". I just ment the same thing you did, that there is no "first come first serve" with USCIS.

3. When I said "I'm sure you'll get it in a month" I ment that I believe, not that I know it will happen. The reason is beacuse my ND is 6 days before her's and I got my FP notice only 5 days ago.

Again, I wasn't in any event downplaying your comments, I just provided mine.

However, it would be respectfull to read someone's post thoroughly and try to understand it before passing the flame.

Alex

Hi Alex_e38, points well taken. If I misunderstood you, I apologize. But I did sense some tone in your message and it really struck me the first time I read it. And trust me, I did read your message again and again to make sure I got it right. Any way, let's make peace now and get on to really constructive work.

Hi sickwaiting, I can understand your feeling. Here are a couple of *PERSONAL* opinions of mine:
1. I believe USCIS will generally process our i-485 cases following the schedule posted on its website, so YOU WON'T BE LEFT BEHIND. Just be aware that it can and did happen a lot that the cases don't get processed in the exact "first come, first serve" manner (the same situation exists on some other GC tracks,too).

2. If you can't get official helpful information from USCIS (as Alex_e38 pointed out) and still don't have peace of mind while waiting, maybe you can try consult your lawyer or some other lawyers (with a lot of experience), or do Internet research for some immigration-related websites, you may be able to find pieces of information that might shed light on your situation. You might even find there are other people are in the same situation as yours and then you would know your case is not so unusual anyhow.

Good luck. Please keep us posted of your FP notice status.

this is from ins website

Filing dates of cases the NSC is currently adjudicating.

Cases filed on or before November 16, 1999 are currently under adjudication for FY 04. The most recent revision of the asylum adjustment "forecast" appears on the NSC web site. In preparation for FY 05, the NSC has begun sending fingerprint scheduling notices to applicants with cases filed on or before May 12, 2000. This process will continue through the coming months consistent with ASC slot availability.

sorry guys

i m sorry guys for the missunderstinding between you and i hope the peace will come along and i would like to thank you all for trying to help and i understand that you went through the same feeling i m going through now and you like to help to make it easy on me and the other guys and girls
i really appriciate your effort guys and i think i will sicklywait a little bit more maybe i will get it soon as alex said
thanx for all