no file number

sudhirsama

Registered Users (C)
Greetings,

I applied for PR on March 2002 and have not recieved anything from consolulate. I moved from my original location to another in June 2002.

I have sent them a fax with the change of address also. Is there a better way to do the address change without file no. or how can i request the file number?

Please advise

You can call the regional processing center and talk to someone there. They can locate your case using your personal information even if you dont have a file number. Ask them to update your address there and then on the phone.

Hope this helps

Shadowhunter.

Thanks.

Do you know any particular phone no. I applied in Buffalo, NY (USA) and it never gives me option to talk to someone.

You can reach the immigration division at (716) 858-9501

Here are some of the people you can contact over there.

Joyce Cavanagh-Wood, Consul and Programme Manager
Thomas Clasper, Consul and Deputy Programme Manager
Michael McCaffrey, Consul and Operations Manager
Hal Watson, Consul
Cyril Joseph, Consul
Cheryl Athoe, Designated Immigration Officer
Nora Egan, Designated Immigration Officer
Patti Fitzgerald, Designated Immigration Officer
Lisa Holliday, Designated Immigration Officer
Mary Keefe, Designated Immigration Officer
Robin Oprean, Designated Immigration Officer

sudhirsama - what have you mentioned in your fax to buffalo? did you give your personal details including the applicant's passport no.? in that cae, i think you should be ok. but my suggestion is to make sure you have address forwarding from your old address to your new address as well. this way, you can make sure that things reach you at your new address as well. in the US, the address forwarding is good for upto an year after you move. i am not sure if you can talk to someone in the buffalo office, like a customer service reprensetative. the list that "Schattenjager" might work but again i am not sure if they will respond to individual case related calls. they may still ask you to write a letter or send a fax message to the buffalo office. try all possible ways though, good luck.