No DUI, but arrest for DUI test refusal - impact on citizenship

clooge

Registered Users (C)
I do not have a DUI, but I have an arrest for the DUI test refusal in VA.

Can someone tell me how could this impact me.

Background: I was in the hospital on a surgical table after a single car accident when the (apparent - dont recall the officer there.) arrest happened. The officer states he read implied consent to me on the table, but I was being treated for head injuries with CAT Scans and XRays, I have proof of all this.
I am fighting this in court but not sure how this will turn out... I am also running out of money proving this to the attorney. When my job found out it was the last day on the day of - since I was contractor I am unable to challenge this (so many unforeseen consequences).

your lawyer

assuming that your current lawyer is fighting the arrest, you need to consult an immigration attorney about your naturalization application. These are such unique circumstances that I would not rely on anything someone posts here.

I do not have a DUI, but I have an arrest for the DUI test refusal in VA.

Can someone tell me how could this impact me.

Background: I was in the hospital on a surgical table after a single car accident when the (apparent - dont recall the officer there.) arrest happened. The officer states he read implied consent to me on the table, but I was being treated for head injuries with CAT Scans and XRays, I have proof of all this.
I am fighting this in court but not sure how this will turn out... I am also running out of money proving this to the attorney. When my job found out it was the last day on the day of - since I was contractor I am unable to challenge this (so many unforeseen consequences).
Correct follow regerkint's advice. Contact an immigration lawyer.

My 2 cents. You have to mention all arrests in N-400. If a case is not resolved by the time of your Interview Date then you will not get approved.

So talk to a good immigration lawyer who has crimininal experiince, then talk to your laywer and try to get this resolved in your favor BEFORE your interview.

I am 99% sure you'll need a final court disposition. As long as there is a pending case in court, IO will not be able to decide on your case until the case is closed.