No Birth certificate

Nikhil Kapoor

Registered Users (C)
Is there anyone who filed 485 without Birth certificate and Non Avaliability certificate. Only with an affidavit from parents.

I am one person who did, any comments or suggestion are welcome. Will I get a RFE or what should I do if I cannot get a Non Avalibility Certificate.

No Title

I filed an affidavit from my parents because my Birth Cert did not have my name on it.

I hope I don\'t get an RFE for that !!!

No Title

you should have Non Availability Certificate and TWO affidavits
 www.usabal.com --immigrant visa info-- Birth Certificates/Affidavits of birth
 Both the affidavits should have full name of both of your parents

No Title

Well, very likely you\'ll get RFE. I would suggest while you are waiting for adjudication, get the ball rolling getting some police/politican\'s/government ranking official\'s affidavit, etc.

I filed at VSC. My kids are Canadian Citizen. I submitted a birth certificates. Since pocket size birth certificates don\'t carry parents name, I had hospitals write me a letter, saying the names of the parents found in their registers.

on 4/18/01, I got RFE\'s for my kids asking who are the parents, and they want official long BC. I was lucky to call Canadian Govt. office, and gave my credit card and had them print and FedEx next day to my attorney.

Having said that, I would suggest you get more evidence, in case they ask you, and you don\'t want this thing getting delayed.

No Title

Vani and Scoboo,

In my case, I did have a Birth Certificate, hand-written from hospital authorities and then a supporting notorised affidavit from my parents. Is this enough ??

This is what the site says....but I did not get Non-availability Certificate !!!!!

Indian Nationals: If a birth certificate does not exist or it does not contain all of the required information as stated above, a sworn affidavit executed by either parent (mother or father) may be submitted. If both are parents are not living, then the affidavit can signed by any other close relative older than the applicant. The affidavit must specify the relationship between the signer and the applicant, how well the signer knows the applicant, date and place of the applicant\'s birth, the names of both parents, and any other related facts. The affidavit must be signed and notarized. For a sample affidavit click [here]. The affidavit can be modified accordingly.
When a birth of certificate does not exist, an affidavit of birth should be accompanied by a certificate of nonavailability issued by a competent governmental authority confirming that the certificate does not exist.

No Title

Nikhil,

If you had no birth certificate AT ALL, then it looks like u will need a Non-Availability Certificate.

In my case, since my birthcert did not have complete information (my name !!), I had to submit an affidavit from my parents to support it.

I hope I don\'t get an RFE !!!

No Title

FYI
If you were born after 1969 the Indian embassy will not issue you a \'non availability certificate\' as all birth and deaths are being recorded after 69.
You won\'t get an RFE if you submit a copy of your BC (which has \'incomplete\' info such as both parents full names not mentioned or your full name not mentioned) and 2 affidavits by your parents or close relatives. But just 2 affidavits will surely earn an RFE