No Approvals today?

Silly Man

Volunteer moderator
We had a splendid day yesterday, followed by a dull today.

I guess it's because of the long weak-end. Hopefully, tuesday onwards we'll some real ACTION :)

May be they processed some cases today but we don't know the results yet and we will know them only on Tuesday! Note that now a days the online system is a bit out of sync and is taking some time to get updated! During day time as many people like me won't bother calling INS ('cause one cannot call every day and talk to an IIO during working hours), probably once people get home and call AVM we may get few approvals. Just hoping...

An INS Optimist..
1. Checks online system "no approval" then thinks that probably the case is already approved and may be the online system is not updated yet.
2. Then goes home calls AVM and "no approval" then thinks probably the AVM is also out of sync.
3. So goes and checks USPS (snail) mail hoping for approval.

...and continues every day like this until the approval.

- PCee

Last edited by a moderator:
Take it easy, Silly Man. INS never promises they will work on anything. Don't get spoiled just because you see a few approvals on one day. After all, this is I.N.S.

PCee, the_card, the reason I am being optimistic is that in the last liason meeting, CSC had said that they will start giving out approvals in 2-4 weeks (from Jan 29th). Maybe they've really started .. chances are high.

But yea, this is INS, and we all know how truthful these people are. Just like I'm jennifer lopez.

Nope the_card .. my case has been on shelf fp and all that crap done .. since feb 1st 2002. Pretty sickening huh?

Feb 1st was what? Your FP done or case received?

Yeah.. this endless wait is a torture. I'm already losing my faith...

Talked to an IIO today, my case has been assigned,she claimed it should take not more than 10 days, I hope she was serious about what she said....
RD...0CT
ND..NOV
rfe generated DEC
rfe recv Jan 10th

bombay boys, what was ur fp date & location?

the_card .. feb 1st is when INS got my fps' from FBI. Friggin' idiots haven't moved a finger since. Assholes.

silly

fp was 29th march,
ocation: oakland,

from what I gathered they are working on 485s and have placed EAD's on hold...
probably renewal of EAD's is triggering of processing of 485's
just my guess....

Alright, Silly, my FP was cleared on 2/22/02. So I'm 3 weeks behind you. Guest who's gonna make it first? Nah.. there's no rule. INS rules!

in my case it seems true,
talked to an IIO last week, talked to one yesterday,
both said, "my EAD renewal application and I485 application are sitting with the same officer, they are trying to sync it up, they mite not renew the EAD and make some decision on the 485"...
having heard it from 2 IIOs makes me believe what they said...