No approval for kid.

ssms23

Registered Users (C)
I am posting this message on behalf of my friend.(gvs26 on Pcee\'s list)
He got his GC approval a few days back but he didn\'t get it for his 4 yr old kid.
 Now, can he go to the PP Stamping and get the stamp for his kid as well?
 Any suggestios are welcome.

I assume

that he applied for his 4 year kid

He can go for stamping for all the people who are approved
but must wait for stamping for his 4 year kid

whoever has been approved could wait for maybe 3-4 weeks and then go for stamping all at the same time or could do in two installments

a) who have been approved

b) 4 year kid who will eventually be approved

Thanks again rsrgc

We applied for him as well, and we received his I-485 receipt notice as well. Probably we will wait for another few weeks and decide.

What does his AVM say?

Did you do the process through a lawyer? In that case, your lawyer should get the original notice.

Have you talked to an IIO to see the status of his case (in case the AVM hasn\'t changed to approved)?

Good luck.

Yes we did the process

through the same layer. As far as the AVM message says still old this will take between 900 to 975 days and so on...

Thanks for your time.

For my son .

I am posting here to these details to share the experience, which might hapen to other people as well.

gvs26

do u think there maybe a problem with the contents of the birth certificate or maybe CSC has lost the birth certificate

Is the birth certificate of the child in english and has the name of the child been specified

I am just guessing

Dependant\'s case pending

We a family of four filed the application in Feb 2001 together.
We did the FP again together in Aug 01
Three got the approval in Nov 01
One kid\'s case is still pending even after almost five months.
AVM says the same message i.e. "Your 1-485......"
These things can happen. I would recommend you to get your stamping done as atleast then you are in the queue for the plastic.
Two of us received the plastic last week.

thanks for sharing info krsna.

Hopefully this will be useful to other who are having the same issue.

Hope they do not send send rfe

after 2 - 3 weeks u should follow up and send them a fax message explaining the issue

rsrgc : about birth cirtificate

I am planning to talk to my lawyer about this next week. Hopefully he should be able to resolve this, but his AVM message never got updated though. I guess his file got misplaced some where.Because as soon as INS received our FP , it was updated accodingly.

As you pointed out earlier, there might be some issue with his birth cirtificate. I will look into the original today again to see if I can find out some thing.

My family is planning to go to india in the first week of April and they are planning to stay there for 6 months.

1. Can we send the approval notice to India for him ?
 2. Can he go to local US consulate fot the stamnping ?

Thanks

I don\'t have much detail on this and I guess you must have talked to your

lawyer about the 6 months stay in India after GC approval, the reason I bring this up is I heard there is some rule on keeping the GC current. Don\'t panic because I posted this, ask your lawyer.
Probably folks who have got their approvals could chime in too.