No acknowledgement yet

cp485

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Its been little over 2 weeks after I sent my OCI application (Chicago consulate), but I haven't got my acknowledgement notice.The message is still showing "This application number is not acknowleged" in the online enquiry website.

From your experience, will there be any issue with my application?

Thanks

cp485 said:
Hello,

Its been little over 2 weeks after I sent my OCI application (Chicago consulate), but I haven't got my acknowledgement notice.The message is still showing "This application number is not acknowleged" in the online enquiry website.

Thanks

Not sure how soon Chicago apps are acknowledged and processed, but for SFO ones, don't expect to see anything for atleast 10 weeks...

cp485 said:
Hello,

Thanks

I submitted my app in late April and got my acknowledgement May 18. Have not heard anything else ever since. Documents have not been printed or sent from Delhi to Chicago. Having no luck in finding out what the problem is.

colleville,

Did you try calling the consulate to find the status? I am travelling to India in December and if it is taking more than 4 months I better be ready to apply for a visa in November :confused:

donlogan said:
I mailed my app on July 24. Still no acknowledgment. This is in DC. Should I be concerned?

I believe you should post this on the Washinton thread tracking OCI timelines and possibly have someone from that area comment on the same.

Granted

cp485 said:
Hello,

Thanks

I sent my application to Chicago in late April, acknowledged May 18 and finally granted Aug. 30. Waiting for it to be dispatched to Chicago, which takes about a week, according to other folks.