NO 2 FP in 2 YRS

GC_ka_jhanjhat

Registered Users (C)
Friends

More I think, read on this - more I am getting doubts !

Is it normal of having not heard for 2 FP for nealy 2 years ?

ND 04/02
FP 06/02

Address changed and informed.

What is the logic behind for of not getting 2FP ?
( If at all it is required)

just about same - 20 months - no 2nd FP

Same boat, not heard about 2nd FP in 20 months.
Also informed about address change.

Lets hope for the best.

Same here
1st FP June 2002.

Just because of not receiving 2nd Fp inspite of all the efforts with Senators etc etc, I think our cases have been suffering undue delays. When I filed for 485, I had this impression that crossing the hurdles of RFE's and transfers were the biggest concerns, but over the years I learnt that 2nd FP has becoame a major issue for which a case can be delayed for upto 6 months extra.
And 2nd FP is just another non-technical formality which could have been done long back. Just due to some odd procedures, and no fault of the applicant, not renewing 2nd FP can be another problem for present and for the future applicants just like Remember in 2000/2001: "485 was not current" and people could not file 485. Same way now, inspite of clearing your RFE's etc etc, not getting 2nd FP could substantially cause torture.
Technically if U see, 2nd Fp can be generated faster because computer generates it. For RFE, yes I agree Human effort is involved and the file progresses as per the availability of IIO.

I guess we are the examples, never heard of not getting 2nd FP for over 24 months. New trend!!!

No 2nd fingerprint neither. I think those who did their 1st FP on June/July 2002 are the ones get hit most.

2nd FP is not an automatic process. If your case is being touched and if FP1 has expired- they will issue 2nd FP.
Just wait till then- I have been witing for 17-18 mo. now.
HTH

hi all

me too in the same boat....but i gave second FP without notice in local ins, that really didn't help me so far even after 3 months. FBI too confirmed that they sent fp to uscis even it was taken without notice.

waiting for 2nd fp.

I am also waiting for 2nd fp.I have done my 1st fp on june 3 2002

Thanks
-----
485 RD 28 feb2002 ND 23 March 2002
fb1 june3

fb2????????????

485 applicants who had applied in Jan/Feb 2002 and did their 1st FP in and around May/June 2002 are the worst affected.

Still a mistery what could be the reason.

No FP2

I am March filer, waiting for FP2. Contacted senator and said my FP2 is in the system and will be getting soon. This word is 2 months back, frustrating. Recently walk in local INS off and gave FP2 with out notice.

What about me after 2nd FP

I did 2nd FP in December 20th. No news so far. No RFE. I think 2nd FP does not speed up the case. I am not certain.

RD:04/10/2002

Here is the logic for 2nd FP according to my attorney (dont ask me how he knows):

He says there is no human intervention in deciding appointment date for 2nd FP. The computer system routinely generates FP appointments based on expiration of 1st FP AND availability of an appointment slot within the next two months at the nearest FP center. The objective of the system is to fill up all available FP slots with confirmed appointments. This is why the status is not updated on the website when a second FP appointment is granted.

I contacted some people I know who are on same situation
but
I asked specificaclly if their names match across
Passport - Drv Licence - SSN - 485

They ( atleast 5 ) checked and confirmed that
" it is NOT same across"..(mine included.
I have Lafda with middle name:mad: )

IS this reason for delay on some cases ?

Can people here
- with RD earlier than May 02 and
- with no updates on cases

verify and confirm this ?

prasa,

how did you manage to get your FP2 done without the notice??? Which local INS office did you go?

I guess we have no choice....

....just wait,wait and wait!!!!
My FP1 was done on April/18/2002,yes over 2 years ago.Actually I am on my 3rd EAD,and no signs of anything new,not even RFE.
I did not contact congressman or senator for help and my lawyer does not answer my questions anymore.It's being frustrating all this delay!!

Re: I guess we have no choice....

Originally posted by Tata2003
....just wait,wait and wait!!!!
My FP1 was done on April/18/2002,yes over 2 years ago.Actually I am on my 3rd EAD,and no signs of anything new,not even RFE.
I did not contact congressman or senator for help and my lawyer does not answer my questions anymore.It's being frustrating all this delay!!
tata2003,
Can you tell if your name is spelt exactly the same across your:

Ppt - Drv Lic - SSN - 485 ?

My name got split too and not matched one to another in ssn, I485, lic. Actually I have no middle name but these guys to pronounce easily they cut my name into two pieces as first & middle.

actual name: ABCDEFG - LAST
on
driving lic: ABCD - LAST
ssn: ABCD - EFG - LAST
I485: ABCDEFG - LAST
Passport: ABCDEFG - LAST
others documents: ABCD-E-LAST

Rapide1: I walk in and asked for FP2, they look at my records and said wait until you get the notice. When they realised I drove from 135 mils they agreed to take to avoid another trip. The lady at counter was very nice and co-operative.