NIW RFE from NSC

NIW07

Registered Users (C)
Hi, all, I got the NIW RFE from NSC, questions (1) in the letter, they said, the service will concede that your research........is within an area of substantial intrinsic merit. The service wil also concede that ........would be national in scope. However, the issue .......too long, something about the labor certification.
Do these mean that I don't have problems with the first and the second pong, so I can only focus on the third one?

(2)They want to see "articles that are specfically written about you and the value of your work", I don't have many citations of my papers, how to prepare? letters of recommendation are ok for this?

(3) How many letters are good enough for the RFE?

Your time and any comments are really appreciated, especially at this time!!

NIW07 said:
Hi, all, I got the NIW RFE from NSC, questions (1) in the letter, they said, the service will concede that your research........is within an area of substantial intrinsic merit. The service wil also concede that ........would be national in scope. However, the issue .......too long, something about the labor certification.
Do these mean that I don't have problems with the first and the second pong, so I can only focus on the third one?

(2)They want to see "articles that are specfically written about you and the value of your work", I don't have many citations of my papers, how to prepare? letters of recommendation are ok for this?

Hi, Sorry to hear about your RFE. My RFE is similar.
For your second question, citations are not "articles that are specifically written about you ..." Instead, it should be articles in newspapers or other public media that introduce you or your work to the public. However it is not clear to me why they asked for it. Did you make such claim in your original submission?

Recommendation letters is always good.

NIW07 said:

What is your officer code? Thanks.

NIW_RFE said:
Hi, Sorry to hear about your RFE. My RFE is similar.
For your second question, citations are not "articles that are specifically written about you ..." Instead, it should be articles in newspapers or other public media that introduce you or your work to the public. However it is not clear to me why they asked for it. Did you make such claim in your original submission?

Recommendation letters is always good.

a few words about that in my original submission.
They also "prefers to see published material in professional and/or worldly publications written by others which specially identifies the alien petitioner and her work as being exceptionally innovative and significant."
Need citation for this question? Thanks.

graduation2003 said:
What is your officer code? Thanks.

I don't have that, my lawyer just sent me the attachment for questions.
Does this matter? anybody know who is the toughest?

I am in the same boat. I do not have many citatioins too. I am planning to submit 5 indepent letters, no idea whether this is working or not.

NIWwaiting said:
I am in the same boat. I do not have many citatioins too. I am planning to submit 5 indepent letters, no idea whether this is working or not.

NIWwaiting, I saw your post RFE and mine is exactly same like yours.
How are you going to address each question? Do you have a lawyer?

I do have a lawyer. She is preparing two letters for my current and previous advisor to answer the questions in RFE. I have not got those letters yet. Meantime, I need ask about 4-5 letters from independent supposters. Also, I am collecting all I have like new publications, awards, membership and citations (only several) for RFE. That is all. I am nervous too.